Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon questions

What do you guys say that works for recon? Or even cli’s? I’ve called for recon and cli’s and have gotten laughed at, hung up on, and flat out been told we don’t recon anything.

Just curious if I’m saying the wrong things??
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Recon questions

I think it depends on the CCC and your credit profile—not how you “ask” for a recon. Of course being super, super nice carries some weight. JMO. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 5
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

There's been a couple people on here that have drawn up some pretty good scripts.
Message 3 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Recon isn't what it used to be. Not that you cannot still recon (with some banks, not all; some do flat out refuse to reconsider applications), but even when you can, results are much more limited than they were just a few years ago. More and more, banks are sticking to the computer based automated decisions.

Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
What do you guys say that works for recon? Or even cli’s? I’ve called for recon and cli’s and have gotten laughed at, hung up on, and flat out been told we don’t recon anything.

Just curious if I’m saying the wrong things??

With those lenders who allow recon, the bottom line will always be if you can successfully address the reasons for denial 

So, if it was high utilization, but that has changed since, you can point it out 

If it was too many inq, but you know 10 were for auto shopping (while fico 8 might score them as one, to a computer an inq is an inq), you can point that,too

If it's a derog in the past, you can explain that times were tough way back when, but things have changed since etc 

Then there are times when you get an analyst on the phone and nothing can be done. You can talk all you want but they will just repeat the reasons why it was denied, as tell you to apply at later time. 

Just like everything else in credit, it's highly profile and lender specific.

Also keep in mind that people are by far more likely to tell stories of successful recons while omitting apps and recons that ended up nowhere, so it skews the ratio. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.