Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request CLI from Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Request CLI from Chase

Hey Everyone,

Today I apped for thr chase FU. I got the original freedom in jan. Should I do another hard pull today for a cli on the old Freddom? How bad does it hurt to do a hp for new card and hp for cli in the same day? They gave me a sp pull increase last month. I have 2500 on it. The new card today is for 3000. I use chase for just about everything. I even have a plane ticket purchase pending on the old freedom. My scores are eq 680, tu 680, and ex 662. May change with just doing this new app of course. What do ya think? Since I just got a 3000 new app, would that mean they may not consider me for much more?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Request CLI from Chase

@ncochran1989 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Today I apped for thr chase FU. I got the original freedom in jan. Should I do another hard pull today for a cli on the old Freddom? How bad does it hurt to do a hp for new card and hp for cli in the same day? They gave me a sp pull increase last month. I have 2500 on it. The new card today is for 3000. I use chase for just about everything. I even have a plane ticket purchase pending on the old freedom. My scores are eq 680, tu 680, and ex 662. May change with just doing this new app of course. What do ya think? Since I just got a 3000 new app, would that mean they may not consider me for much more?

Cat Very HappyCat WinkGRATZ! Cat WinkCat Tongue

I don't think you should do it. Maybe you can call and request that they use the same pull from the application for a CLI. I wouldn't chance another hardpull, unless you can sacrifice the HP. Which is 3-5 points drop. If you have over 6, your score wont be affected. I wouldn't do it unless I knew my Fico8 was super high and the limit they gave me was crap. Good luck with your decision and let us know the outcome, if you decide to pull the trigger.

Message 2 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@ncochran1989 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

The old Freedom is still relatively new. January isn't that long ago. I would say Chase probably extended what they are comfortable with for now and you should wait until The accounts age some more. Chase is fairly conservative with CLI.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying. I was leaning towards no too. I have 1 tu inquiry, 2ex, and 4 eq. Eq is 2 for cc's and one for an apartment and one for a bank account. This was before today's app. I do not know who they pulled yet for today. I did call and they said it would have to be a hp again. So I didn't do it. They just did an auto cli a few weeks ago. Only had them a few months, so I should just be happy about that. Plus, the new one will now be my main card so I guess the other one doesn't need to be super high. See what they do over the next couple years. I'm in the garden for the next year.
Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Yeah I wouldn't do it for the reasons already listed. You've already done well with what you just accomplished with them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.