Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rural King Harvest Card

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Rural King Harvest Card

Hey MyFico Bunch. Does anyone know if Redstone Federal Credit Union is still issuing their harvest card by walking into Rural King farm stores to app? 

Some of our members posted success on obtaining theirs by applying in-store which when approved also automatically enrolled them into the Credit Union as well. Curious if this is still going on.

23 REPLIES 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rural King Harvest Card

The last time I visited one of their stores (around Oct), they were still promoting the card on one of the front table areas.  You can also apply online. I don't believe there's any advantage from one or the other as far as UW or the odds.  About the only thing I can think of is verifying your ID on the spot which may speed the process a bit.  When I applied online last year I was approved without having to visit a store + I was enrolled automatically with RFCU 🤷🏼‍♂️

Message 2 of 24
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

CreditMagic7,

Rural King is still doing the card apps in the store. You can still apply online too.  Also Redstone FCU still offering the Brighter Day savings account with a 2.015% APR for the first $2500.

Guyatthebeach

Message 3 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I see. Thanks. Also any idea who they pull for an Inquiry?

Message 4 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Experian.

Message 5 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks @FinStar  and @Guyatthebeach - Out of some caution wanted to be certain while laying down plans for the next spring season.

I'll revisit the Personal Finance sub-forum on them and weigh it's worth and satisfaction from previous or current holders as well to see how they fare.

Message 6 of 24
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

CreditMagic7,

I have the card and like it a lot. I not have a single bad thing about the card.   When I applie, I had to call in to verify some information. The process was relatively painless. I also think highly of Redstone FCU as well. 

It's definitely worth taking a look at getting, especially if you shop at Rural King.

Guyatthebeach

Message 7 of 24
C6
Regular Contributor

I'm surprised at how good this card is for a store card. 0% promotional pricing, no FX fees, no balance transfer fees, no cash advance fees, 18% interest, and 1.5% back on all purchases outside RK. If you shop at RK regularly this is a no brainer. RK has good prices. As an example, right now they have 10% off all firearms which can easily be stacked with the 5% cash back.

Message 8 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

3 strikes and they're OUT

I can't for the life of me land a Rural King Card from the Redstone Credit Union to save my soul.

A friend of mine came fresh out of a BK and got that card easy peasey when it was Harvest Card. I already tried twice in 2 years and some many months apart with the same bonehead lousy result. Yesterday, and with my profile way much better than before with higher scores i tried one final time. Today i got YET another email of declined AGAIN. Alabama whamma based RedStone sux and for me is a complete waste on another HP with that outfit. Rural King is such a convenient familiar and close proximity Farm Business Supplier near me but looks like their off the list permanently to any further intentions to try anymore.

What's the old saying? 3 strikes and your OUT! 

So be it. 

Message 9 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 3 strikes and they're OUT

Well, in all fairness (even for others who may have qualified with BK on CRs), you had mentioned you were going to wait, especially with the number of new accounts in the past 24 months.

IMO, you rushed and struck yourself out of the game. Profile being better is all relative.  I'd venture to say that if you had waited just a bit longer, it's likely you would've been ok. Alas, hindsight is 20/20.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.