Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savor One for Good Credit -Starting CLs and bucketing

tag
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Savor One for Good Credit -Starting CLs and bucketing

Currently I am 4yr 8mo post CH7 filing and have the following cards:  $400 limit Discover It Chrome Secured opened 11/21 (hoping it will unsecure any day now after 7m of payment history and no interest paid); $2000 limit Cap1 QS1 opened 2/22.  I went through the Cap 1 pre approvals today just for kicks and now I've got questions.  Last time around when I checked before openig the QS1 my pre approval options were QS1, QS Secured, and Platinum Secured. This time around it's offering QS for Good Credit, Platinum, and Savor One for Good Credit.  The latter being the one I'm interested in as dining/entertainment/streaming accounts for the biggest chunk of my monthly credit card spend.  I know preapprovals are no guarantee and that I need to wait 2 more months before applying for another Cap1 card, but let's assume I wait that out.  My understanding is that the "For Good Credit" versions with no SUB and higher APRs, while still bucketed are not in as low of a bucket as Platinum, or my QS1, etc. FICO8 and 9 scores are in my sig for reference and income is ~$57k if it will impact approval. Also in case it matters I do have heavy usage on the QS1 (have used more than my CL throughout the month on more than one occasion) though I keep pretty low reported utilization and have been doing AZEO the last few months. If Cap1 were to approve me, what kind of of SL could I reasonably expect to see and what kind of fure CLIs would be reasonable to receive/ask for?  Also, while I tend to think I would get denied for the regular version with the SUB, should I consider applying for it rather than the "For Good Credit" when I'm ready in a couple months?

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Savor One for Good Credit -Starting CLs and bucketing

I got the savor one for good credit 3k sl 1 year 11 mos post bk7 dc, my scores were 670's and my income at the time was 34000. instant approval.

ps - i burned cap 1 in my bk7 for 5k

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 2 of 23
Trini88
Established Contributor

Yesterday my sister did the prequal for Capital One and they said she prequalified for the SavorOne for good credit even tho she had alot of delinquencies on her credit report. I sent her my referral because I already have a SavorOne. Strangely.....my referral link is for excellent credit...she was instantly approved for the SavorOne "excellent credit" with the sub and got $10,000. Happy for her, mad at Capital One for saying my SavorOne is for excellent credit but bucketing me 😆

19D14672-6065-45A3-8DE5-162F1CBE68EA.jpeg

Goal Cards:
Message 3 of 23
Trini88
Established Contributor

I was THIS CLOSE to canceling my SavorOne and reapplying for it 😂.

Goal Cards:
Message 4 of 23
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

I'm going to wait a couple months on any of the Savor One cards to avoid the usual auto denial for less than 6 months from opening a Cap1 account. I also see you have the Amazon Visa. How did you manage to get approved being way beyond 5/24? 

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 5 of 23
Trini88
Established Contributor

@Zoostation1 wrote:

I'm going to wait a couple months on any of the Savor One cards to avoid the usual auto denial for less than 6 months from opening a Cap1 account. I also see you have the Amazon Visa. How did you manage to get approved being way beyond 5/24? 

No clue. Chase approves and denies whoever they feel like I guess. Many people got denied being a little over or at 5/24, I got approved being 10/24. Only thing I can think of is, clean profile, high scores and I spend $1000s at Amazon yearly, might as well be rewarded for it. Only thing happened was, I wasn't instantly approved. They called me the next day to make sure it was me who applied and gave me the highest starting limit I ever got from a card.

Goal Cards:
Message 6 of 23
LADave
Established Contributor

@Trini88 wrote:

Yesterday my sister did the prequal for Capital One and they said she prequalified for the SavorOne for good credit even tho she had alot of delinquencies on her credit report. I sent her my referral because I already have a SavorOne. Strangely.....my referral link is for excellent credit...she was instantly approved for the SavorOne "excellent credit" with the sub and got $10,000. Happy for her, mad at Capital One for saying my SavorOne is for excellent credit but bucketing me 😆

It's so weird when C1 (and sometimes other banks) give preapprovals for lower-tier cards and then end up approving for higher-tier ones. I can only conclude that C1's preapproval criteria is perhaps more conservative than their actual approval criteria, even though @Zoostation1 can't get a C1 card for a couple more months.

I'm getting preapprovals for SavorOne for Good Credit, and @Trini88's post about her sister has me very tempted. If it wasn't for the fact that I'd rather get a Venture or Venture X card in the next 6 months I might actually pull the trigger 😂

Message 7 of 23
Trini88
Established Contributor

@LADave wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

It's so weird when C1 (and sometimes other banks) give preapprovals for lower-tier cards and then end up approving for higher-tier ones. I can only conclude that C1's preapproval criteria is perhaps more conservative than their actual approval criteria, even though @Zoostation1 can't get a C1 card for a couple more months.

I'm getting preapprovals for SavorOne for Good Credit, and @Trini88's post about her sister has me very tempted. If it wasn't for the fact that I'd rather get a Venture or Venture X card in the next 6 months I might actually pull the trigger 😂

I'm wondering if she even got the excellent version because the referral I had was for the excellent version. It did tell her however that if she didn't get it for the excellent one, they would give her the alternative version i.e for "good credit".

Goal Cards:
Message 8 of 23
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Trini88 wrote:

@LADave wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

I'm wondering if she even got the excellent version because the referral I had was for the excellent version. It did tell her however that if she didn't get it for the excellent one, they would give her the alternative version i.e for "good credit".

Easiest way to know is whether they got the SUB.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 23
Trini88
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

@LADave wrote:

@Trini88 wrote:

Easiest way to know is whether they got the SUB.

Well yes she did. They didn't offer her the excellent version, they offered her the good version with no sub. I sent her my "excellent" referral link and she received the SavorOne with the sub and a $10,000 limit.

Goal Cards:
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.