Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savor One for Good Credit -Starting CLs and bucketing

tag
lanemeyer
Established Member

Re: Savor One for Good Credit -Starting CLs and bucketing

Another data point for you: after 8-9 months of having a Quicksilver, my wife started receiving pre-approved offers for the "Good Credit" SavorOne when she signed into her Cap1 account and in her "For You" box on the Cap1 Creditwise site.  She ignored the offers for a few months hoping they would offer her the "Excellent" one but they never did. She finally decided to take a shot by ignoring the pre-approval links and applied directly on the website for the "Excellent" version and was approved (3k) with the SUB.  Her FICO 8's at the time were in the 665 range but she had a year of heavy use and solid payments with Cap1.  

Message 11 of 23
Zoostation1
Established Contributor

@lanemeyer wrote:

Another data point for you: after 8-9 months of having a Quicksilver, my wife started receiving pre-approved offers for the "Good Credit" SavorOne when she signed into her Cap1 account and in her "For You" box on the Cap1 Creditwise site.  She ignored the offers for a few months hoping they would offer her the "Excellent" one but they never did. She finally decided to take a shot by ignoring the pre-approval links and applied directly on the website for the "Excellent" version and was approved (3k) with the SUB.  Her FICO 8's at the time were in the 665 range but she had a year of heavy use and solid payments with Cap1.  

Good to know!  My FICO8s are just a touch below at 659, 656, 663 but in the ballpark.  I've got solid usage on the card thus far and have been averaging $2k/mo spend per statement on a $2k limit from cap1 now  That will probably drop down when my Discover gets unsecured but would expect to still be at least $1k-1.2k/mo spend every statement before making a Savor One application (if approved without a toy limit it would get the largest chunk of my spend).  My biggest worry is the BK7 on my record would be held us as a reason but that was discharged in Feb '18 and they were not burned in it.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 12 of 23
LADave
Established Contributor

Even though Savor One for "excellent" credit doesn't look as compelling on paper as the new WF Autograph, it does have an SUB I could take advantage of while I wait to become eligible for another WF SUB (unless WF waives their 15 month waiting period between bonuses). Staying in the garden can sometimes be quite a challenge. 😅😜🤨

The points on Savor One can be pooled with Venture One, Venture and Venture X cards, so that's something.

Message 13 of 23
BenTramer1978
Regular Contributor

@Zoostation1 wrote:

I also see you have the Amazon Visa. How did you manage to get approved being way beyond 5/24? 

Well im currently 8/24 and the link says im preapproved. I not pulling thr trigger until September but im pretty sure I will get it.

Message 14 of 23
GMCTexas
New Contributor

After reading this might dump Cap1 altogether (aside from Kohl's $3k and Walmart $3k)

I have had a QS 1 for probably 5yrs. My initial SL was $1500. I used to use it semi regular when I first had it but it's been paid off and rarely used in the last few years. I have never gotten an auto CLI and I have repeatedly been denied CLI when I ask for it. 

I have near 800 FICO 8, $100k income, other cards $10k, 15k, 18k. Utilization 5%. I applied for a few cards the other day, first cards I've applied for in 2 years. Was approved for a few higher limits, (2) at 15k, 1 at 10k. I checked pre-approval at Cap1, it said Savor. I was approved for..... $300. **bleep**?! How can people coming off a semi recent BK get SL 10x higher than me? I'm pissed that I wasted a HP for a $300 card and that I never get CLIs from Cap1

Message 15 of 23
Zoostation1
Established Contributor

I can't speak for the low limit on Savor, but in regards to CLIs my understanding C1 likes to see significant usage for several months in a row before they'll consider a CLI.  Has me wondering if you would have gotten higher on the Savor if you were using the QS regularly leading  up to the application (and then go back to sock drawer etc).

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 16 of 23
LADave
Established Contributor

@Zoostation1 wrote:

I can't speak for the low limit on Savor, but in regards to CLIs my understanding C1 likes to see significant usage for several months in a row before they'll consider a CLI.  Has me wondering if you would have gotten higher on the Savor if you were using the QS regularly leading  up to the application (and then go back to sock drawer etc).

That's true for CLIs, but it seems less true for new credit applications. I suspect there were other factors at play, perhaps including the app spree if they saw multiple HPs  on the same day.

Message 17 of 23
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@GMCTexas wrote:

After reading this might dump Cap1 altogether (aside from Kohl's $3k and Walmart $3k)

I have had a QS 1 for probably 5yrs. My initial SL was $1500. I used to use it semi regular when I first had it but it's been paid off and rarely used in the last few years. I have never gotten an auto CLI and I have repeatedly been denied CLI when I ask for it. 

I have near 800 FICO 8, $100k income, other cards $10k, 15k, 18k. Utilization 5%. I applied for a few cards the other day, first cards I've applied for in 2 years. Was approved for a few higher limits, (2) at 15k, 1 at 10k. I checked pre-approval at Cap1, it said Savor. I was approved for..... $300. **bleep**?! How can people coming off a semi recent BK get SL 10x higher than me? I'm pissed that I wasted a HP for a $300 card and that I never get CLIs from Cap1

I believe you're just not their target customer at this point. Perhaps if you had applied for a Venture/Venture X, you would have been approved with a far better SL since those are their top of the line cards, and each has a $5k minimum (possibly even $10k minimum on the X) SL.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 18 of 23
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

I got approved and I'm closer to BK than you.
My limit on that card was higher than my Quicksilver, so I'm hoping it will grow.
I say go for it Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 23
Zoostation1
Established Contributor

Figures that since I want a Savor One I'm now getting a QS pre approval offer via email and in my account (26.49%, 0% for 9 months intro).  It's some sort of offer that's slightly better than the no sub QS For Good Credit (26.99%, no sub, no 0% intro) but well below the regular $200 sub with 0% for 15 month intro for QS.  Still better than my QS1 that's been a double edged sword and would love to PC to anything else the first opportunity (if they'll ever let it).

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
April 2024 FICO 8:
April 2024 FICO 9:
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.