Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Airlines Chase Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Southwest Airlines Chase Card

Hello,

This website is great. I’m in the process of rebuilding my credit. I’ve been looking into getting a Airline Miles Card. Can someone tell me what my approval odds are? Here’s my stats...

As of now 01/2018..

660 TU
680 Equifax
? Don’t know my EXP

2 open credit cards now
Capital One (5 plus years) I have only had one late payment in the past 18 months (30 days) but prior to the past 18 months I have been late multiple times.
Indigo CC- 6 months now (on time every month) no late payments

1 personal installment loan (almost paid off now, and all months paid on time.

Current UR on cards now about 45%

I have like 8 credit inquiries on my credit now (I have only 1 in the past 8 months) (I was trying to buy a new car and a dealership ran my credit multiple times (sucks)

Can anyone tell me if I can get approved for a Southwest Airlines Chase Card?
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Southwest Airlines Chase Card

Hi..Welcome

I’d have to say you don’t have a very good chance. Your scores are on the low side, but a fairly recent late is probably going to be the kiss of death with chase
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Given payment history and current UTI.  Approval odds are not great at all.

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if I get UR down to 20%? And payment history even though i’ve Only had one late payment in the past 18 months? How old does those late payments from my past have to be?
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lower UTI will help with other banks.. However, Chase is a top prime bank and they are extremely picky as to who gets their cards.  I would say at least 4 years for lates.  Remember, the longer the late has aged the better.  As a rule of thumb, never go over 30% utilization on any card. 

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Bummer. Given my stats currently. Is there another rewards card that I have good approval odds?
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase is likely to pull Experian and another bureau. I’d definitely look into that score. 

I’d also get your utility down a bit. 

Personal Data Points from my approval for the Plus version last April before really knowing about these forums: 

New Cards - 0/24 

1 Inquiry in 24 Months

EX Pull - 696

88% Utilization 

Instant Approval - $2K

AAoA - 9Y

Oldest Card - 13Y1M

Highest Limit - $5K

Derogs - 4 

Time Since Derog - 3Y

At the time, I didn’t understand the importance or relationship of reported balances impact to scores, etc. 

Also, DTI ratio will play a factor. 

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

TX,

I would suggest trying the prequalify sites that are out there.. US Bank, Citi, Discover, I think Chase has one to.  If your prequalifed, your odds are good not guaranteed tho.  That will give you some idea as to where you stand.  Again with your uti and lates,  you might try credit one bank or another high apr bank..  With your late being recent, it's gonna be difficult for you for a while.   Best of luck to you.  Don't give up, hang in there.  

Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I go to get my Experian score? Credit Karma only does TU and Equifax
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello,

This website is great. I’m in the process of rebuilding my credit. I’ve been looking into getting a Airline Miles Card. Can someone tell me what my approval odds are? Here’s my stats...

As of now 01/2018..

660 TU
680 Equifax
? Don’t know my EXP

2 open credit cards now
Capital One (5 plus years) I have only had one late payment in the past 18 months (30 days) but prior to the past 18 months I have been late multiple times.
Indigo CC- 6 months now (on time every month) no late payments

1 personal installment loan (almost paid off now, and all months paid on time.

Current UR on cards now about 45%

I have like 8 credit inquiries on my credit now (I have only 1 in the past 8 months) (I was trying to buy a new car and a dealership ran my credit multiple times (sucks)

Can anyone tell me if I can get approved for a Southwest Airlines Chase Card?

Are these true FICO scores or CK/Nerd Wallet/Credit Sesame FAKO Vantage 3.0 scores?

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.