cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank Lowes/verify.syf

tag
RonelTheGeek

Synchrony Bank Lowes/verify.syf

So long story short. I checked the Lowes website and was pre-approved . It asked me to go to verify.syf website to verify . But for some reason it just wouldn't scan my DL correctly (iPhone 11 Pro Max) . After 3 attempts it blocked me, tried calling customer service , they stated the application was denied due to unable to verify my identity, and that I would receive a letter in the mail in 7-10days .  So does that mean don't apply for the card again? I have 4 other cards with Synchrony , with no issues . Has anyone Gone thru this before ? I searched the forums couldn't find any confirmation on how anyone proceeded after . Especially after calling in. 

thanks 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Synchrony Bank Lowes/verify.syf

Hi @RonelTheGeek - welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear your pre-approval attempts didn't get off to a good start. Below is a link from a member who tried an alternate method by getting in touch with the credit applications team and was able to sort things out. Perhaps @Anonymous has a contact number that they used.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Lowe-s-Prequalify-UPDATE-Approved/m-p/6434670#M781450

Let us know if this works for you.

Message 2 of 8
RonelTheGeek

Yeah , I seen that post too prior, only thing is with my situation when I called, the rep is the one who sent me to verify which failed lol, and then I called back letting them know and was told the status and to wait for a letter in the mail . I guess the only thing know is to wait for the letter lol

Message 3 of 8
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

If they already did the HP I would keep calling until somebody can help you. Wait too long and it could be a wasted HP.

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @RonelTheGeek ! Have you had any success getting through to Credit Solutions?  The rep who I spoke with was extremely patient and stayed on the phone with me until I completed the verification process. Watermarks cover the entire background of my license and was close to getting blocked as well. I can send you the number I used Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for tagging me into the conversation @FinStar !

@FinStar wrote:

Hi @RonelTheGeek - welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear your pre-approval attempts didn't get off to a good start. Below is a link from a member who tried an alternate method by getting in touch with the credit applications team and was able to sort things out. Perhaps @Anonymous has a contact number that they used.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Lowe-s-Prequalify-UPDATE-Approved/m-p/6434670#M781450

Let us know if this works for you.

Message 6 of 8
RonelTheGeek

Hi @Anonymous,

Does that number end in 8173?

im afraid to call back lol , my license definitely was too glossy, I've since ordered a replacement DL, hopefully less glossy and hopefully by then the letter will have arrived . What's sad but funny, is that I had the same issue before I was approved for my Apple Card lol, must of tried tons of different lighting situations till the right one work for Apple lol. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RonelTheGeek 

After checking my call log, I called them quite a bit this week for my various Synchrony accounts.  Go for it! Lol

No. The number I used ends in 6441. I just sent you a message. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.