Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony CLI

Is there a science to the Synchrony CLI for 2019. Ive read the older post and tried those steps but requesting small amounts and slowly asking for more, logging on and off ---- none of it worked. Is it because that was the way a year ago and things have changed? 

They did give me a $1500 increase last month though. Im trying to increase my score by any means before I get an apartment in the coming months. 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Synchrony CLI

what is your credit score?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to figure Sync out too. I had also read that you could go in and do escalating amounts and Sync had been outright shooting me down on my Amazon Store Card but as I had only gotten it in December, I didn’t really think anything of it. I asked them for $400 on a whim last month and got it but when I logged in and requested another $400 I got a letter that there have been too many credit limit increase requests and now I’m not sure when to ask again. 

Message 3 of 26
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

I have had luck with requesting the day the statement cuts (every month). That stopped working for me when I hit $6,000 limits with scores in the high 600's (680ish?).

I think its 32 days to get a reason other than to many recent increases.
Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chiefone4u wrote:
I have had luck with requesting the day the statement cuts (every month). That stopped working for me when I hit $6,000 limits with scores in the high 600's (680ish?).

I think its 32 days to get a reason other than to many recent increases.

Hmm. I will have to try that. Guess I’ll lay off the button til May, maybe just wait til June. I haven’t been using the card so I’ll put some Amazon spend on it too. Don’t have any right now though. 

Message 5 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Synchrony hasnt been the same since 2016-17. It seems now they want more time in between increases and even some cards which normally would get good sl are given with low sl and no immediate remedy for increasing upon revival.
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve read several accounts of people saying that when you get a CLI, log back in and try again. Keep at it until they say no, then wait 4 months to ask again.
Message 7 of 26
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I just got another cli on paypal account and hardly use it.

Went from $4k to $7.5k to $10k in the last 6 months or so.

Can't get Walmart or Amazon over $10k...I think that is the limit.

TU8 = 745

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 26
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@ImTheDevil

I've never been able to get more than one increase from Synchrony in a single billing cycle.

Comenity on the other hand used to give me several small cli's by signing out and back in. This for me has also stopped this year; instead of 5 $300 cli's they have been giving me one $1,300 every 65 days... all attempts including day 64 are "denied because our records show a recent credit increase" (my DW wasn't amused with all the denial letters).
Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting - it just reinforces the fact that every profile is unique. Just last week I was talking with @WarEagle1 about his Lowe’s card. He got the card, made a couple purchases, PIF, and soon after, maybe 5 weeks after opening the card, his TU has gone up some and the increase button appeared. He asked for $2500 more and got it. Logged out and back in, tried another $2500 and got that too. He isn’t the only one I’ve seen who has gotten this to Work but different profiles support different results. It may be that he could’ve gotten the whole $5000 the first time, no way to know.

I hear you on Comenity. I had an auto-CLI a few months after opening VS, and have hit the button each month for a $250 gain each time for 3 months straight. By contrast my Wayfair hadn’t budged an inch until I hit the 6 month mark, then I got a pair of $800 CLIs 9 days apart. No rhyme or reason.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.