Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony CLI

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting - it just reinforces the fact that every profile is unique. Just last week I was talking with @WarEagle1 about his Lowe’s card. He got the card, made a couple purchases, PIF, and soon after, maybe 5 weeks after opening the card, his TU has gone up some and the increase button appeared. He asked for $2500 more and got it. Logged out and back in, tried another $2500 and got that too. He isn’t the only one I’ve seen who has gotten this to Work but different profiles support different results. It may be that he could’ve gotten the whole $5000 the first time, no way to know.

I hear you on Comenity. I had an auto-CLI a few months after opening VS, and have hit the button each month for a $250 gain each time for 3 months straight. By contrast my Wayfair hadn’t budged an inch until I hit the 6 month mark, then I got a pair of $800 CLIs 9 days apart. No rhyme or reason.

This is a true story! I’ve read that Synch, when it comes to CLI, is SCORE driven. I’ve also read that Synch WILL not give a CLI until after every 4th statement. Could it be both? Could I have gotten $5k in one request? As Diablo asks, “who knows?”

My score increase and/or PIF may have had something to do with my Lowe’s CLI (a little over a month after opening).. But, it’s had ZERO to do with a Walmart Store Card CLI, via the Luv button, as I have not received one since calling one of the “backdoor” numbers.

I have Care Credit, as well. No luck with the Luv button, yet. The 4th statement will cut in May. We’ll see what happens...

Message 11 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

I just got another cli on paypal account and hardly use it.

Went from $4k to $7.5k to $10k in the last 6 months or so.

Can't get Walmart or Amazon over $10k...I think that is the limit.

TU8 = 745

There are some with WM at 25K, work on raising your Fico 8 over 760 then you are likely to get it past 10K.

Message 12 of 26
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

TU8 = 745

There are some with WM at 25K, work on raising your Fico 8 over 760 then you are likely to get it past 10K.

Wasnt sure about WM but Amazon letter always says limit policy.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 13 of 26
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Just got another $5k cli on Lowes.

They will not give me more than $10k on amazon and I use it just about every day.

Weird, but not complaining.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

Message 14 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a science to the Synchrony CLI for 2019. Ive read the older post and tried those steps but requesting small amounts and slowly asking for more, logging on and off ---- none of it worked. Is it because that was the way a year ago and things have changed? 

They did give me a $1500 increase last month though. Im trying to increase my score by any means before I get an apartment in the coming months. 

I don't know if this helps, but over 4 months I went from 500 to 600 to 2400 to 9600. I started with 500 in january, but called back immediately and they gave me 600. I maxed that out to go toward surgery, but had 6 months no interest. I paid $200 first month, then $100 next month, then received the bump to 2400, then paid $100 the next 2 months each, so now I'm down to $100 balance. I requested increase to $8k, but instead was given $9600. It sounds like there is more science in their algorithms than any one person could know.

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 15 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

TU8 = 745

Thanks for the stats....walmart is a booger!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I'll add....DH and I both opened Lowe's March 1st, I called in, sp cli of 2k, put me at 4k.  Hit DH's luv button (sounds nasty huhSmiley Tongue) and he went from 2k to 21k, hmmmmm...hit it again and got to 30k.   Did the same for my neighbor, his acct. was 7 yrs old, never asked for a cli and went from 6k to 20k and then 34k.  He slapped my hand, chickened out.....I was 'bout to hit it again.   Weird thing, and maybe y'all have noticed too, idk....but my "luv button" was taken away from me, dh's is now gone and on my WalmartMC, they took that too.  So I closed my Lowe's (don't need it) and opened an UltaMastercard.....I'm watching that button too.  Synch likes screwing with ppl that wanna play I think.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 17 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amazon can go over 10k its just abit harder for someSmiley Wink
Message 18 of 26
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Amazon can go over 10k its just abit harder for someSmiley Wink

I don't need to push my luck with Synchrony since I have $65k between 4 cards.

Message 19 of 26
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

TU8 = 745

Hmm, interesting, is that Paypal Credit or Paypal Cashback MC? I got a decent $7k SL on the Cashback MC when approved in July 2017, and then got the only requested CLI in Nov. 2017 for $1k. Then funny enough I requested a CLI to $10k in Aug. 2018, denied but then they gave me an auto CLI to $10k a week or so later. Earlier this month I requested a CLI to $15k, denied and the letter said along the lines that the increase amount requested was higher than their policy allowed. So then I tried for $11.5, denied again, haven't got the letter yet. I'm wondering if $10k is as high as they go for the Paypal card. But I run a minimum of $1k /month through it, often up to $2k.

My Walmart card is $10k, but I haven't tried for a CLI in years, I only run a couple hundred per month through it, and almost half of that is cash back, my BBVA Clear Points gives me 3x rewards at Walmart while the store card only 1%, so I use the store card for small purchases and get cash back, easier than an ATM.

Lowes still seems golden, I got a $5kSL on approval in Jan. 2015, then CLI to $10k in 2017, requested a CLI to $15k a week or so ago & instant approval. But the thing is I bought $700 or so in flooring when I got the card on deferred 0%, but since then almost nothing. In the past year I bought a $10 house plant last fall and then this spring a $20 garden hose, I stop by on purpose every 6 months or so to buy something small to keep it active. I own my home but thankfully no repairs or improvements needed.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.