Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony/Comenity

tag
pete19103
New Contributor

Synchrony/Comenity

Are Synchrony or Comenity inquiry/new account sensitive?   I have offers from them for cards with SUBs which I am interested in applying for.  I currentIy have 2 other Comenity cards with $3.3k and $6k limits and no relationship with Synchrony. 

I just got the Chase Sapphire Preferred with the enhanced 80k points a month ago which just reported on my credit report and the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature a week ago which has not reported yet.   My Experian FICO8 is 780; my inquiries are 2/12(and 2/2) and 5/24 while my new accounts are 1/12 and 3/24; utilization 12% and $216k available credit.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Synchrony/Comenity

@pete19103 wrote:

Are Synchrony or Comenity inquiry/new account sensitive?   I have offers from them for cards with SUBs which I am interested in applying for.  I currentIy have 2 other Comenity cards with $3.3k and $6k limits and no relationship with Synchrony. 

I just got the Chase Sapphire Preferred with the enhanced 80k points a month ago which just reported on my credit report and the US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature a week ago which has not reported yet.   My Experian FICO8 is 780; my inquiries are 2/12(and 2/2) and 5/24 while my new accounts are 1/12 and 3/24; utilization 12% and $216k available credit.

Not truly sensitive per se, but a mailed/emailed preapproval would have been based upon your credit profile at some static point in time from roughly 2-3 months ago.  Likely having that 1 new account and possibly both new inquiries starting to report since that point in time does change the dynamic so the validity of such a preapproval is also going to be affected.    That being said if you have a YOLO mindset don't be dissuaded from making an application. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 7
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Synchrony/Comenity may not be particularly inquiry-sensitve, especially given your current profile, but Chase has been known to be flighty if you do a spree so soon after apping one of their cards.  If you value your brand new CSP, it might be wise to hold off on further new accounts for a few months.

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 3 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@pete19103 wrote:

No, they're not inquiry-sensitive.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would avoid both of these banks to be honest, as Sync is known to shut you down randomly when they feel you have too much exposure with them. As for Comenity, well, just reference the thread about their website being down for maintenance for over a week...

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 7
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@pete19103 wrote:

Both Synchrony and Comenity should be fine based on what you are describing!

However the main concern would be Chase, if you go on app spree.

Message 6 of 7
pete19103
New Contributor

I appreciate all the feedback;  never  really considered the possibility of a retroactive Chase shutdown after just getting aproved so I will just wait a few months to apply for any other cards.  The SUBs in question are only $100 for $500 spend so not worth the risk

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.