Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TD Bank Cash Credit Card Prequal letter

tag
titanium_bbx
Contributor

TD Bank Cash Credit Card Prequal letter

I got a "You're Prequalified" letter today from TD Bank for their CC which offers $200 back when you spend $500 within the first 90 days. (2% for dining, $0 annual fee).

It sounded attractive, but I wasn't sure that pre-qualified meant pre-approved, so I called and they said it is definitely a Hard Pull. 
The rep said that "all credit cards applications require a hard pull" which I corrected him that I have 4 which did not require one.
He clarified that the pre-qualification is only for the "rewards offer portion" of the application, but that I was unlikely to be denied if I was offered this letter.

I don't think I will app for this, I am in the garden with 10 INQ on TU and had a good spree several months ago.

Just wanted to report/share. My Ficos are 680-690s at the moment.

Wondering if anyone else got this letter. Offer expires 7/23/16

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: TD Bank Cash Credit Card Prequal letter

mehh! Whats good about that card? Their are much better cards that offer 2% on dining if that's what you are after.

I never had a good experience with TD bank for personal banking in the past 15 years!

Also their CLI is HP. FYI

Message 2 of 4
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Thanks cybersamp. Yeah good point. If they stiff me with a low limit it'll end up in the drawer. I have a bunch with points / 3-5%, thats not my goal. My main goal with adding to my bankcards total is just to keep my utility low. This one doesn't have enough reviews or evidence that it will even scale for that purpose over time. HP CLI forever is not going to work. 

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I can understand not wanting to HP each time

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.