cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted

Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??

Hi,

Ive had my Target RED card for about two years. I started off with a $200.00 credit limit. I want to say about eight months later, I received a $500.00 increase so a total credit limit of $700.00.

Does anyone else struggle with getting credit increases from Target RED Card? I have other store cards with the same time frame (age) and have recieved two credit increases within less than one year alone. I know every credit card is different, but I'm just curious. Also, any tips on getting a credit increase with Target RED Card? Does anyone else have this same problem with not getting increases with them?

I do update my income when asked, but still no increase in about a year now.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??

It's normal for target. Once they start increasing though, they can start to be generous. I went almost 4 years without an increase. I've gotten one every 3 months since they started in December. Went from $300 to $1200. Next cycle is in 2 days, so we'll see if my train is still running.

Message 2 of 27
Highlighted

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

It's normal for target. Once they start increasing though, they can start to be generous. I went almost 4 years without an increase. I've gotten one every 3 months since they started in December. Went from $300 to $1200. Next cycle is in 2 days, so we'll see if my train is still running.

Thank you for sharing! Target's RED Card is the card that I use the most so I always wonder im stuck with my limit.

Message 3 of 27
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

No, from the data points here, once you get on the train with regular increases it leads to a mastercard upgrade. A few smaller increases>larger increase>big increase with upgrade.

Message 4 of 27
Highlighted
Super Contributor

No, from the data points here, once you get on the train with regular increases it leads to a mastercard upgrade. A few larger increase>larger increase>big increase with upgrade.

I think your statement should read

Big increase with upgrade > larger increase > big increase

The ">" means bigger or better than

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>01/2020 CCT EX 832 TU 848 EQ 842
It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
Put your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane
Let's do the Time Warp again!
Let's do the Time Warp again!

Message 5 of 27
Highlighted
New Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

No, from the data points here, once you get on the train with regular increases it leads to a mastercard upgrade. A few larger increase>larger increase>big increase with upgrade.

I think the usage was for an arrow or progressive path indicator. Not a math gt/lt indicator Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 27
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@xiocc wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

I think the usage was for an arrow or progressive path indicator. Not a math gt/lt indicator Smiley Very Happy

You would be correct

Message 7 of 27
Highlighted
Valued Member

Which CRA does Target use for RED card CLI requests?

CSR $41k (AU) || CSP $26.5k || CFU $20k || CIP $12k || HVFCU Plat $30k || NFCU Plat $20k || Apple Card $15k || Men’s Wearhouse $10k || Blue Nile $8.5k || Kay Jewelers $5k || Target $3k (AU)

***DPs as of 2/1/20***
FICO 8's: EX824 / EQ841 / TU836
AoOA: 16.5 yrs, AAoA: 6.5 yrs, UT: 5%
INQ: EX 4 / EQ 1 / TU 1
New Accts: 0/30, 3/6, 5/12, 5/24
Income: $330k, TCL: $191k

Next steps: PC my CSP to CF in July 2020 for the Chase ‘quadfecta’, then garden city until Jan 2022
Message 8 of 27
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I have Target MC this is what i did hope this helps you, opened target with 800 sl  (scores in700s) nine months later went to 2k now what i did, i buy tracfone cards there for my family so i buy them every month and let them auto pay so maybe 50-75 a month, update income every month, then at my 15 month they gave me a 7000 increase and upgraded to the Mc version, total time 18 months to get 9000 and a MC too, hope this helps you to get your much deserved increase, good luck to youSmiley LOLHeart

Message 9 of 27
Highlighted
Established Member

I  started off with a $300 limit back in 2012 when I started my credit rebuilding. Sadly i've only got one CLI of $400 a couple years ago and that was it. Like you I also keep my annual income updated but im guessing they are very frugal!!!

CAPONE QS || DISCOVER IT || AMEX BCP || CHASE FREEDOM UNL || US BANK CASH+ || AMAZON PRIME VISA || TARGET || WALMART || FIRESTONE || BEST BUY
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.