cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??

Positivity0
Member

Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??

Hi,

 

Ive had my Target RED card for about two years. I started off with a $200.00 credit limit. I want to say about eight months later, I received a $500.00 increase so a total credit limit of $700.00.

 

Does anyone else struggle with getting credit increases from Target RED Card? I have other store cards with the same time frame (age) and have recieved two credit increases within less than one year alone. I know every credit card is different, but I'm just curious. Also, any tips on getting a credit increase with Target RED Card? Does anyone else have this same problem with not getting increases with them?

 

I do update my income when asked, but still no increase in about a year now.

 

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??

It's normal for target. Once they start increasing though, they can start to be generous. I went almost 4 years without an increase. I've gotten one every 3 months since they started in December. Went from $300 to $1200. Next cycle is in 2 days, so we'll see if my train is still running.







Message 2 of 27
Positivity0
Member

Re: Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??


@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

It's normal for target. Once they start increasing though, they can start to be generous. I went almost 4 years without an increase. I've gotten one every 3 months since they started in December. Went from $300 to $1200. Next cycle is in 2 days, so we'll see if my train is still running.



Thank you for sharing! Target's RED Card is the card that I use the most so I always wonder im stuck with my limit.

Message 3 of 27
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??

No, from the data points here, once you get on the train with regular increases it leads to a mastercard upgrade. A few smaller increases>larger increase>big increase with upgrade.







Message 4 of 27
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??


@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

No, from the data points here, once you get on the train with regular increases it leads to a mastercard upgrade. A few larger increase>larger increase>big increase with upgrade.


I think your statement should read

Big increase with upgrade > larger increase > big increase

The ">" means bigger or better than


3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>12/2020 CCT EX 821 TU 826 EQ 840


"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

Major Kong (Slim Pickens) in Dr. Strangelove 1964
Message 5 of 27
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Re: Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??


@Meanmchine wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

No, from the data points here, once you get on the train with regular increases it leads to a mastercard upgrade. A few larger increase>larger increase>big increase with upgrade.


I think your statement should read

Big increase with upgrade > larger increase > big increase

The ">" means bigger or better than


I think the usage was for an arrow or progressive path indicator. Not a math gt/lt indicator Smiley Very Happy







Message 6 of 27
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??


@xiocc wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

No, from the data points here, once you get on the train with regular increases it leads to a mastercard upgrade. A few larger increase>larger increase>big increase with upgrade.


I think your statement should read

Big increase with upgrade > larger increase > big increase

The ">" means bigger or better than


I think the usage was for an arrow or progressive path indicator. Not a math gt/lt indicator Smiley Very Happy


You would be correct







Message 7 of 27
DJRobbieD
Valued Member

Re: Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??

Which CRA does Target use for RED card CLI requests?

CSR $41k (AU) || CFU $40k || HVCU Plat $30k || NFCU Plat $20k || Apple Card $15k || CIP $12k || Blue Nile $10.5k || CF $6.5k || Kay Jewelers $6k || Target $3k (AU)

***DPs as of 8/7/20***
FICO 8's: EX827 / EQ833 / TU839
AoOA: 17.0 yrs, AAoA: 6.7 yrs
New Accts: 0/30, 0/6, 2/12, 4/24
INQ: EX 5 / EQ 3 / TU 3
Income: $350k, TCL: $184k, UT: 3%
Message 8 of 27
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Re: Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??

I have Target MC this is what i did hope this helps you, opened target with 800 sl  (scores in700s) nine months later went to 2k now what i did, i buy tracfone cards there for my family so i buy them every month and let them auto pay so maybe 50-75 a month, update income every month, then at my 15 month they gave me a 7000 increase and upgraded to the Mc version, total time 18 months to get 9000 and a MC too, hope this helps you to get your much deserved increase, good luck to youSmiley LOLHeart



Message 9 of 27
Keatonsdaddy
New Contributor

Re: Target RED Card Credit Line Increase??

I  started off with a $300 limit back in 2012 when I started my credit rebuilding. Sadly i've only got one CLI of $400 a couple years ago and that was it. Like you I also keep my annual income updated but im guessing they are very frugal!!!

CITI DOUBLE CASH || CAPONE QS || DISCOVER IT || AMEX BCP || CHASE FREEDOM UNL || US BANK CASH+ || AMAZON PRIME VISA || TARGET || WALMART || FIRESTONE || BEST BUY
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.