Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Red Card CLI question??

tag
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Target Red Card CLI question??

So I got my Target Red Card in October, 10/19 with the usual opening limit of 300bucks.  I was hoping to getting regular CLIs as others have reported.  Then the pandemic hit and it sounds like TD basically stopped giving out CLIs.

Read through the boards and it sounds like the next best hope for getting a CLI was around Black Friday.  Noticed that TD Bank had done 2 soft pull inquiries in late October.  My closing date was 11/3 and still no CLI.  My next statement doesn't close until AFTER Black Friday.

Soooo, my question is does Target give CLIs mid-cycle or is this an indication of no CLI for me?

As a data point, have put regular use on the card throughout the year, updated my income information regularly (at least every other month if not more often), let a balance report, PIF, let zero balance report... All the usual advice

Thanks in advance to any Target sooth-sayers out there.

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Target Red Card CLI question??

@designated_knitter, Howdy ..

Only other advice I can offer is update your income on the website every month.

I read the approvals thread every day, have not seen very many Target CLI's since Covid-19.

My other suggestion, just keep using the card like you would normally do,

and don't try to buy a CLI. (by spending more than normal)

Message 2 of 3
JYKim1
New Contributor

Re: Target Red Card CLI question??

Good luck. I've had it since 7/19 with the same $300 limit. I PIF every month, my scores have improved since then, but no CLI. If I didn't get 5% off, I would put the spend on a better card. 

Starting Score: EQ: 565 EX: 572 TU: 571
Current Score: EQ: 587 EX: 643 TU: 610
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.