@shoegal wrote:

No 3X CLI for me at day 62. I got 7-10 message and letter. Smiley Sad

Bummer.  Sorry to hear.  Smiley Sad

Message 3542 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Hey,

I've read through the whole 1st post and many other pages, but am having trouble finding the answer to my question even when trying to use the search feature. So I was just approved for a Delta Platinum Amex with a $5k SL. How would applying and/or getting approved for another amex (charge card this time) affect getting the 3x CLI? Would it reset the  date to wait 61 days from? Will I be denied because I now have a charge card also?

Thanks!

Message 3543 of 5,432
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No you should be fine, just apply for your cli on day 61 and see what happens. Remember charge cards dont get cli, in the traditional senseSmiley Wink
Message 3544 of 5,432
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Waiting for what I'm assuming is my CLI denial letter (7-10 days web site account auto reply). I was granted an initial limit of $30,000, and asked for an increase to $42,000 on my 61st day. I should have known better and been content with that very generous initial!

Next time ask 90k 😁😀

Message 3545 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was able to increase from 30k to 45k today without FR. Seems 35k isn't a hard cut off. Just an fyi. Almost a year since last CLI from 18k to 30k. Usually carry 1-4k balance end of month but put up to 8k/mo on card. Amex Delta Platinum.

Fico 824
TU/EQ 800
Message 3546 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE 3x CLI approved on day 62. SL went from 2k to 6k. Heavy use on card first 60 days and PIF when statement posted. Also did a 1500 balance transfer on day 60 to take advantage of 0% APR for 18 months. Hoping for 18k in 6 months!

Message 3547 of 5,432
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Next 180 days up and wife got counter-offered on her ED.  Was $12k, asked for $36k, gave $32k no IV necessary.  Card opened June 2016 with (quite strange for her) training wheels limit of $2000.  Previous 2x CLI to $4k and 3x CLI to $12k.  Only activity on card was a $1500 BT and $1700 purchase a few months later riding out the 0% until they were about to expire.  No activity at all for a few months.  Overall utilization about 27% and EX08 score of 772 from a few weeks ago showing on Amex site.

Now it will be a long wait until January when I can ask for $61,500 on my SPG!

Message 3548 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Next 180 days up and wife got counter-offered on her ED.  Was $12k, asked for $36k, gave $32k no IV necessary.  Card opened June 2016 with (quite strange for her) training wheels limit of $2000.  Previous 2x CLI to $4k and 3x CLI to $12k.  Only activity on card was a $1500 BT and $1700 purchase a few months later riding out the 0% until they were about to expire.  No activity at all for a few months.  Overall utilization about 27% and EX08 score of 772 from a few weeks ago showing on Amex site.

@Congratulations! @K-in-Boston, my 61st day is up soon, but my EX dropped to 698 with the new accounts. Shall I wait until my score goes up?  Thanks.

Message 3549 of 5,432
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Congratulations! @K-in-Boston, my 61st day is up soon, but my EX dropped to 698 with the new accounts. Shall I wait until my score goes up?  Thanks.

Thank you! Certainly helps my own utilization lower by something like 0.4% too. Every little bit (of %, not saying $20k is little) helps.

Do you expect your score to go up appreciably in the next month or two?  If so, I would wait.  If not, may as well give it a shot and hopefully worst case wait 91 days to ask again. Out of curiosity, do you also get multiple EX scores from Amex every month? Mine updates 3x a month, which i am assuming is because I have multiple cards.

Message 3550 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.