Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 3x CLI questions

How long do I wait if I had a CLI denial on my Blue Cash Everyday and approval for a new Cash Magnet card on the same day?
Message 4651 of 5,432
BH1985
Regular Contributor

It’s 181 days after approval or 91 days after denial.

That’s per account holder, not per card, so you’ll have to wait 181 days to get approved for a CLI on either card.
Message 4652 of 5,432
DU556
Regular Contributor

So i tried today again for the increase since its been 180 days and i got the 7-10 day message. I called and they told me i got denied because of my debt with other creditors. I owe my mortgage and I have $1,000 owed with Amex on my biz card with $30k limit. My overall debt to credit is not even 1%. I think my limits overall are about $96k. Very confused that they would say I'm getting denied my requested $30k to $45k increase because of my debt. I asked for a lower increase and they said no.
Edit: they said my income was too low. $52k

Should i have included my 401k amount?

I requested an increase on every day card from $17k to $30k and just got 7 day message as well.

I have no late payments on anything ever and scores about 800+
Any suggestions?
Message 4653 of 5,432
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@DU556 I am very interested to see why as well 

Message 4654 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they're telling you that your $52K income does not support a CL of $30K or more. 

Currently Amex Biz @ $30K CL, plus the $17K ED card = $47K total CL witht them. 

I recently hit my ceiling with them on the BBP, they gave me $9,500 CL and $4,500 of which came form my BCE. My total limit with Amex is just under $40K with a reported Income of $56K.

So you're either stuck for the time being, or in 90 days you could just request a $17K -$20K increase to see where you're at.

Message 4655 of 5,432
DU556
Regular Contributor

Income includes wages, retirement, investments

May be I should have included my 401k and pension amounts in the income box instead of just the $52k.

Would it look suspicious if all of a sudden i insert way over $52k in 90days?
Message 4656 of 5,432
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DU556 wrote:
Income includes wages, retirement, investments

May be I should have included my 401k and pension amounts in the income box instead of just the $52k.

Would it look suspicious if all of a sudden i insert way over $52k in 90days?

Just call AmX and let them know that you only included your salary for income, not your 401K and pension, and you would like to add those for a reconsideration. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4657 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BH1985 wrote:
It’s 181 days after approval or 91 days after denial.

That’s per account holder, not per card, so you’ll have to wait 181 days to get approved for a CLI on either card.

So I received my denial letter and it says it was based on my credit score as of May 18.

What's the significance of that date and why would it be then when I applied for the CLI on June 6?

I thought CLI was a SP on the date of the request.

Sorry if I'm off here. Just trying to understand.

Message 4658 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex does a SP about once a month. They base their decisions on the most recent SP. They don't pull again when you request.
Message 4659 of 5,432
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex does a SP about once a month. They base their decisions on the most recent SP. They don't pull again when you request.

Thanks this is helpful. 

91 day wait it is then....well....a little less now but yea. lol

Message 4660 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.