Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Re: Shopping cart trick

So making a account with the place is better? I just check out as guest and never get any popups
Current Scores

Message 191 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@tpdtopcop wrote:
So making a account with the place is better? I just check out as guest and never get any popups

I'm not positive.  When I first tried it I had read on one of the Google SCT "how to" guides to do just that.  So when I created an acct. on HSN and loaded my cart ~POP!   Now, I have forgotten to create an acct.on other sites and tried loading my cart to no avail but once I did create and sign in, load the cart it was like 70/30 on a handful of sites. 

On either Ann Taylor/loft or SGV  I finally put my email address on the email offer to save a % on this or next order, then I'd sign in, load the cart and would get the pop-up everytime. (maybe Victoria's Secret as well)

So if you're not getting a pop-up...best bet is to create an acct.  It's free so might as well.  Also, input your email whenever a site asks for it in order to get a discount. That's usually the first step. 

Anyway,  I think what's happening is your info. is being confirmed and you're getting sp'd while you're browsing the site, and all those steps take time and time may be a factor for receiving an sp pop-up- of course that's me guessing but it doesn't hurt to do all of the steps.  GL!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 192 of 487
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Don't forget to try different browsers and disable pop-ups at least for that site.  We used Opera and made "exeptions" for pop-ups for each site.  It was all hit and miss but we did get many to pop up.  Most wanted full SS though after seeing the pre approval pop up.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 193 of 487
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Should one unfreeze CRA's also?
Current Scores

Message 194 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally got up the nerve to try the SCT. I went to Sportsman's Guide and couldn't get the pop-up to ever come up. So, went over to Camping World. Yep I got the pop-up, so I selected interested. It took me to an application that only asked me for my last 4, income, and phone number. Filled it all out, went and locked Experian, and scanned the Terms and Conditions. There were 2 options. A store card and a Camping World Visa. Thinking the whole time that it only asked for last 4 AND I locked my experian so should be good to go. I hit the the submit button and got an automatic approval for $4500 for the Visa. About as soon as I hit the button I got a notice from Credit Karma that Comenity pulled my Eqifax. Now I'm regretting doing it. Live and learn. 

Message 195 of 487
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally got up the nerve to try the SCT. I went to Sportsman's Guide and couldn't get the pop-up to ever come up. So, went over to Camping World. Yep I got the pop-up, so I selected interested. It took me to an application that only asked me for my last 4, income, and phone number. Filled it all out, went and locked Experian, and scanned the Terms and Conditions. There were 2 options. A store card and a Camping World Visa. Thinking the whole time that it only asked for last 4 AND I locked my experian so should be good to go. I hit the the submit button and got an automatic approval for $4500 for the Visa. About as soon as I hit the button I got a notice from Credit Karma that Comenity pulled my Eqifax. Now I'm regretting doing it. Live and learn. 

Congratulations on your approval?

Message 196 of 487
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

So tempting. These are the only two I personally have heard of that offer majors via SCT.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 197 of 487
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

I for the life of me can’t get any pop ups anytime I try. I’ve used Safari browser, chrome, cleared cache. Nothing.
Current Scores

Message 198 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pop ups don't come up for me either. I think they don't like my suffix on my name but that's my legal name. Smiley Frustrated

Message 199 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the shopping cart trick on the following sites.  All were soft pulls. All only required last 4 of social. Used FireFox Private Window. All pop ups came up on first try by signing in as guest and adding between $100-$150 in cart.

- Grandin Road 12-24-19 (Instant Approval)

- Express Next 12-24-19 (Instant Approval)

- WayFair 12-24-19 (Went Into 10 Day Review. After 7 days received a letter to call for verification. Approved after answering verification questions)

- Boscovs 12-31-19 (Went Into 10 Day Review. After 7 days received a letter to call for verification. Approved after answering verification questions)

After reading the forums I hope they don't close all my accounts for opening 4 new accounts within a week.

Does anyone know of any Synchrony Bank sites that the SCT still works on?  Or that I can see if I can prequalify for?

Message 200 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.