Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

tag
uscgamecock
Valued Member

Re: The Newest SP SCT Alive Again?

@GApeachy wrote:

@uscgamecock btw, congrats.  I have this visa and it's up to $20.3k now. Plus the rewards on travel is pretty darned good when comparing prices to other ccc's at the same hotels. Just glad you got it...enjoy.

Thank you. I'm just happy I got something from the hard inq. I'll be happy if it grows slowly and steadily along with my Sportsman's Guide Visa, which I use a lot. Those 4 pay offers at Sportsman's guide sure are tempting.

I know Comenity is more picky with their Visa offerings than the store cards. I do have one more Comenity card that I forgot to mention: The defunct Wayfair card that got converted to a generic Visa @ $2.5k. I need to pull it out of the sock drawer and put a phone bill or something on it so it will show some use. I haven't used it much since the interest rate is so high. Maybe they were just nervous about giving me a 3rd Visa?

Message 471 of 487
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@uscgamecock wrote:

Is this something that can be accomplished online now in the internet age?

Yes you can.

Goody's left town 20 yrs ago and that was that.  It took Comenity years to close mine.  I forgot about it until I joined mf and other cra's a few yrs. ago and there it was. It just fell off recently. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 472 of 487
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@uscgamecock wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

@uscgamecock btw, congrats.  I have this visa and it's up to $20.3k now. Plus the rewards on travel is pretty darned good when comparing prices to other ccc's at the same hotels. Just glad you got it...enjoy.

Thank you. I'm just happy I got something from the hard inq. I'll be happy if it grows slowly and steadily along with my Sportsman's Guide Visa, which I use a lot. Those 4 pay offers at Sportsman's guide sure are tempting.

I know Comenity is more picky with their Visa offerings than the store cards. I do have one more Comenity card that I forgot to mention: The defunct Wayfair card that got converted to a generic Visa @ $2.5k. I need to pull it out of the sock drawer and put a phone bill or something on it so it will show some use. I haven't used it much since the interest rate is so high. Maybe they were just nervous about giving me a 3rd Visa?

It should be a MasterCard btw.  Some folks were converted to their in-house MC, others went to Citi Retail (MC).  And, some, unfortunately had their store accounts closed.

I currently have 4 major CCs with them (used to be more), and it's been no issue so far - knock on wood!  That said, it's a challenge at times deciding which Comenity card to apply for since a variety of them have gone the way of the dodo bird - extinct.  Several retail partners have recently either gone belly up or no longer renewed contracts with Comenity and so their card programs went *poof*.

Message 473 of 487
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Comenity is still an odd I can't figure out.  The reason I say is some people with better  than can't even get a card with them, while I have 3 store cards and 5 Store branded Visas them. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 474 of 487
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The SP SCT Alive Again? DP Please.

I don't think so because I was just able to get one at Appliance connection with a $3k SL.

Message 475 of 487
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Comenity is still an odd I can't figure out.  The reason I say is some people with better  than can't even get a card with them, while I have 3 store cards and 5 Store branded Visas them. 

Guyatthebeach

Comenity is interesting indeed!

I started with them over 4 years ago with Virgin Airlines VISA which was a short lived love affair after they sold out to Alaska Airlines...

Then very recently with Comenity, I had 2 SCT popups: Sportsmans Guide VISA and Caesars Total Rewards VISA.

I took the SG VISA with only a SP at $7,500 SL as I shop for outdoors, camping and hunting equipment.

I am still thinking about Caesar's TR VISA but haven't got the nerve to make a trip to Vegas soon....

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 6.23.04 AM.png

Message 476 of 487
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@4sallypat 

Glad you got the TR pop-up. I'm waiting for my EQ to update then I will submit my application. 

If you do, sending good vibes for high SL.

Message 477 of 487
ShootingFor850
Established Member

Maybe I'm doing the SCT wrong, but I put a couple items (worth $3K) in cart at Williams Sonoma, went through checkout as guest, filled shipping info, got a box saying preapproved, and "accept" button.  This was not a pop-up, but inline on the page. 

Anyway, had to enter full SS.  Got a HP on EQ immediately.  Granted $3500 CL (EQ VS3 was 793 (which immediately took 5pt hit), not sure about other scores, AAoC is 5y7m).

Message 478 of 487
chalupaman
Super Contributor

i got approved for the Appliance connection card for $3k with the pop up and soft pull. I also had to give it a few days before these would show up cause i had opted out of prescreened offers last year and had to sign back up for them. Very easy to get. I had a bunch of other popups for Comenity cards but I'm passing on most of those. Any other ones worth possibly getting in terms of long-term growth? I already have Kay Jewelers and Jared as well from them. My Williams Sonoma card is the lowest limit I got from them at only $600 and I got that one last summer. 

Edit: I also got the pop up for New York and Company, accepted it, but did not get an approval status. Weird. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 479 of 487
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

Just wanted to add, when I PIF accounts through CCCS I included VS and Express. (Don't know if anyone else was curious if this effects future SCT chances)

Since I completed that program, I've gotten pop ups for:

VS $1000 (didn't accept)

WS Store Card $1000 (didn't accept)

J Crew $500 (Didn't accept)

Good Camping Store Card $1500 (accepted) SP

OS $1500 (accepted) SP

Pottery Barn $2500 (accepted) SP

Grandin Road $2000 (accepted) SP

LOFT All Rewards MC $2000 (accepted) SP

New York & Co $1500 (Didn't accept)

Where are you seeing your credit limits BEFORE you accept/don't accept?

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 480 of 487
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.