Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Stuff Club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Stuff Club

Hello Forum! Has anyone heard of thestuffclub.com? This company claims to give you a 20K LOC that will report to all 3 bureaus. There is a $99 annual fee. 20K?? That's some serious padding, is it not? I can't find any reviews on it via the credit boards.....Thought??
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Stuff Club

20k store card with an annual fee

pass.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Amex you can easily get $20k limit without annual fee at all.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

True. This would be automatic approval I'm assuming. Those that are shy on scores could use this for 1yr just to keep down utilization. 20K SL vs various increases elsewhere. Just my 2 cents.
Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Anything like that , we'll give you a 20k limit like this, sounds too good to be true probably is. I also wouldnt say getting 20k from Amex is easy. Lots of factors go in even if you have 3x policy. Plenty stuck at low limits even with good credit.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree completely. What I am implying is that, there are some who can't get an Amex card or discover at this point and could use a credit limit reporting such as this, even if it cost them $99/yr. Some legit cards have annual fees that are more and can't get a (PC) product change or the benefits out weigh the cost like in my case. Either way, you cancel whenever you want just don't carry a balance on it.
Message 6 of 11
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Just from reading another thread it looks like they may not be reporting to the 2 CB's as they state. I'm sure at some point they will at some point. This was something that was appealing to me as well but I agree, it may take some time but I'd rather have AMEX, Disco and others grow towards the $15-20k CL than a store card that I will never use and have to pay a $99 AF.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend to someone who needs an immediate decrease in utilization rather than having to grow an account.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The smart way to lower utilization is to pay down balances, not increase limits by adding an account you don't need.  More time and effort should be spent on chipping away at balances faster rather than turning to "quick fix" gimmicks IMO.  It's also worth noting that a "quick fix" in this example really isn't a fix at all, as total debt both before and after is still going to be the same.

Message 9 of 11
jlitnns
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

The smart way to lower utilization is to pay down balances, not increase limits by adding an account you don't need.  More time and effort should be spent on chipping away at balances faster rather than turning to "quick fix" gimmicks IMO.  It's also worth noting that a "quick fix" in this example really isn't a fix at all, as total debt both before and after is still going to be the same.

This^^^...and it's clearly not a quick fix. They advertise they don't report for 45 days and there seems to be some inconsistencies. The only fix is paying down balances.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.