Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three new AMEX cards in one year?

tag
RT209
New Contributor

Three new AMEX cards in one year?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm new to AMEX and was approved for BCE for $20,000 starting line in the beginning of 2021, then three months later i was approved for BCP for a starting limit on $7,000. I'm already getting offers for the platinum and delta travel cards. I check the site and it says I'm pre approved for almost any card. Should I jump at it, or wait until 2022?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Re: Three new AMEX cards in one year?

Seems like they like you...I got 2 credit cards and a charge card from them this year, but my limits on the credit cards were much lower $3k and $5k, so you should be fine for another app.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 2 of 13
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉 on your approvals.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 3 of 13
jwgolub
Established Member

I was approved for the Bonvoy and Delta Reserve together back in August, Bonvoy at $3,100 now $6,200, and the Reserve at $3,800. I was then approved for the Platinum in October, then on Monday approved for the BCP at $10,000. A also have the Optima and Gold. So to answer your question, if Amex likes you then three new cards in a year is certainly attainable. 

Cards listed in order of approval date, newest to oldest:

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

FICO Scores as of August 18 2023:

Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@RT209 wrote:

Reason I'm asking is because I'm new to AMEX and was approved for BCE for $20,000 starting line in the beginning of 2021, then three months later i was approved for BCP for a starting limit on $7,000. I'm already getting offers for the platinum and delta travel cards. I check the site and it says I'm pre approved for almost any card. Should I jump at it, or wait until 2022?

Yes, you could definitely qualify for a 3rd one.  Typically, AENB tends to limit 2 [approved] revolving accounts (business and/or personal) in a 90-day period.

As long as you're past that 90-day window from BCP, you can apply for another revolver. As far as charge cards go, they're not subject to the same internal rules so theoretically you could apply for a charge card at any point.

Are you using both BCE and/or BCP frequently?

Message 5 of 13
RDO
Contributor

I got the delta gold in Feb 2020

The amex gold in Feb 2021

The BBP in Mar 2021

The CS platinum in late June 2021

The Bonvoy Business in Oct 2021

So I don't think it would be problem for you. 

Amex Gold NSPL / Amex CS Platinum NSPL /
Amex BCE $30.6k / Amex Hilton Surpass $10k /
Amex Delta Gold $9.7k / Amex BBP $6k /
Amex Bonvoy Business $10k / C1 QS $3.2k /
C1 Venture X $19.5k / C1 Kohls $5k/
Chase unlimited $4k / Chase Sapphire $21.8k /
Chase Flex $16.8k / verizon visa $8k / Citi CCC $500 / Wells Fargo Slumberland $4.8k
max cash preferred $3k / chase prime visa $20K
Message 6 of 13
unsungivy
Established Contributor

I picked up the BBP, the BCP, and the AmEx Platinum.

They really really really want me to pick up the AmEx Platinum Business as well, which would be a 4th.

When they like you, they love you.

SD - Biz -
Message 7 of 13
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@unsungivy wrote:

They really really really want me to pick up the AmEx Platinum Business as well, which would be a 4th.

Yes same here - ever since I just got approved for the Amazon Prime Business revolver - my first with Amex, second with personal Plat - their marketing dept has been hounding me too.

Within a week, Amex pre-approved me for:

150,000 MR Business Plat

80,000 MR Business Gold

Blue Business Plus 

Until this time, having only the personal Plat, they never pre-approved me for anything in the past 5 years.

Something strange must be going on with Amex - why would all of a sudden, they pre-approve new card accounts ?

Are they having some type of fiscal issue ? 

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 6.45.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-02 at 6.43.51 AM.png

Message 8 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@4sallypat wrote:

@unsungivy wrote:

Yes same here - ever since I just got approved for the Amazon Prime Business revolver - my first with Amex, second with personal Plat - their marketing dept has been hounding me too.

Within a week, Amex pre-approved me for:

150,000 MR Business Plat

80,000 MR Business Gold

Blue Business Plus 

Until this time, having only the personal Plat, they never pre-approved me for anything in the past 5 years.

Something strange must be going on with Amex - why would all of a sudden, they pre-approve new card accounts ?

Are they having some type of fiscal issue ? 

@4sallypat Is seeing a variety pre-approved offers an indication of financial turmoil with AENB?  Seems pretty standard in my view + plenty of individuals have been seeing them as well 🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure if you do this already, but if you want to learn more about how they are doing financially, you should read up or review their earnings and SEC filings -- that would be more indicative of the company's financial condition and market performance.  

Message 9 of 13
RDO
Contributor

Me too

150,000 for platinum business 

90,000 gold business 

80,000 delta gold business 

100,000 delta platinum business 

125,000 delta reserve business 

And elevated hilton cards 

Amex Gold NSPL / Amex CS Platinum NSPL /
Amex BCE $30.6k / Amex Hilton Surpass $10k /
Amex Delta Gold $9.7k / Amex BBP $6k /
Amex Bonvoy Business $10k / C1 QS $3.2k /
C1 Venture X $19.5k / C1 Kohls $5k/
Chase unlimited $4k / Chase Sapphire $21.8k /
Chase Flex $16.8k / verizon visa $8k / Citi CCC $500 / Wells Fargo Slumberland $4.8k
max cash preferred $3k / chase prime visa $20K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.