Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to apply for Uber Visa...

tag
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Tried to apply for Uber Visa...

On my search for a dining card, the Uber visa seemed like the most logical.  I found the DP thread and clicked on the link and it was "expired."  Went directly to the Barclays website and no Uber application link to be found.  It tells me to use the Uber app, which I installed.  No link on the app.  Well, maybe it was a bad install and I deleted and installed again.  Same thing.

So I called.  Got a pleasant gentleman named John who transferred me to applications after I had explained how I ended up on the phone.  Then I got a nice woman named Janet.  She asked if I had tried to apply using the app.  That was the first thing I had told her.  After explaining why I was calling, Janet was very apologetic for the mobile app not working and then told me that the website was not working.  I had figured that out already.  

In the end, it was suggested to wait until the website and/or app was working as she couldn't take an application over the phone.  Then said that no applications for the Uber visa were being taken at this time.  With all the hoops just to get to this point, I'll forget about Barclays and app from somewhere else. Smiley Frustrated

R.I.P Cards 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tried to apply for Uber Visa...

Yeah, I didn't think the Uber link would expire.  Seemed like a standard link w/o any real promo value to it other than the $100 bonus.  They must be refreshing something about the card or bonus.  I'm sure it will come back soon enough since it's been such a hit and highly competitve w/ Amex Gold for the dining @ 4%.  

Message 2 of 34
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I didn't think the Uber link would expire.  Seemed like a standard link w/o any real promo value to it other than the $100 bonus.  They must be refreshing something about the card or bonus.  I'm sure it will come back soon enough since it's been such a hit and highly competitve w/ Amex Gold for the dining @ 4%.  

I think they might be finally adding an AF or decreasing the benefits because honestly the card in its current iteration had insane earnings for no fees.

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

We shall see.....

Message 4 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If something was changing about the card, I would think they would take down this page that lists all the benefits etc and tells you to download the app :

https://cards.barclaycardus.com/banking/cards/uber-visa-card/

So I think this is likely a glitch, but we will see. The card is generous for no AF. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw dining bumped down to 3% or something.

Message 5 of 34
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

I just opened my Uber app and the card application is available to me. I even clicked apply and it gives me the form to fill out. Maybe check again?

*Edited to add - it also still says no AF

Message 6 of 34
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:
I just opened my Uber app and the card application is available to me. I even clicked apply and it gives me the form to fill out. Maybe check again?

No matter how many times I've uninstalled and installed, it's not there.  I also tried an old LG phone.  Even had my sister check it on her iPhone.  Still no joyScreenshot_20190624-211354_Uber[1].jpg

R.I.P Cards 

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the app and couldn't get it to pop either.  There must be an issue somewhere in the pipeline between the app / server the application is host on.  I would say just keep checking it once a day or something and it should come back online.

Message 8 of 34
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@DoogieBall wrote:

@KLEXH25 wrote:

No matter how many times I've uninstalled and installed, it's not there.  I also tried an old LG phone.  Even had my sister check it on her iPhone.  Still no joyScreenshot_20190624-211354_Uber[1].jpg

Well that sucks. But at least you know the card is still available. Have you ever used Uber or did you just download the app to get the card? 

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

UBER problem solved.

1)Add a Payment option, (debit or credit)  2)make sure location services is permitted  *Did Not show up without payment option added*

It pops up in the 3rd section"Promotions"  with an icon and "Payment Rewards"   click on that and there it is, the Elusive Uber App!!

I think it pulls your info from the card you enter, not your phones info - It didnt show my name until after the card was imput, the phone is in my name as well....   but it was the card data that turned it all on.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.