cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to apply for Uber Visa...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you app for the Uber Visa card?

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@TyRacing wrote:
Not seeing it. I have checked all the menu options. And also closed n opened the app 10x times.

Why not just call and apply by phone?  Seems I recall seeing someone being able to do that and/or through Barclay's Chat getting  them to do something about it.  Sure, if it was ideal their crap would work all of the time but, there might be an API or something between Uber / Barclay that isn't working with Android / Apple apps.  Could be because you're on wifi and not on LTE.  There's a variety of factors that could result in the offer not coming up.

I have it on my phone and I’m on WiFi. It’s something up with Barclays. As far as I’m aware nobody has succeeded in getting an app for it over the phone. 

Message 22 of 34
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Tried to apply for Uber Visa...

@Anonymous wrote:

@DoogieBall wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

UBER problem solved.

1)Add a Payment option, (debit or credit)  2)make sure location services is permitted  *Did Not show up without payment option added*

It pops up in the 3rd section"Promotions"  with an icon and "Payment Rewards"   click on that and there it is, the Elusive Uber App!!

I think it pulls your info from the card you enter, not your phones info - It didnt show my name until after the card was imput, the phone is in my name as well....   but it was the card data that turned it all on.

I'm convinced this is Barclays way of telling me not to apply for the Uber card.  Hahahah.  Followed these directions and *bam*... Nothing.

Lol.  The triple pull for the Savor is looking better all the time.  Smiley Mad

At least Cap is far less likely to take AA against you. Those three pulls can pay off sometimes. 

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

FWIW, I see it for me on the app. Not on WIFI and Im a bit far from home at the moment.

I did just get an email and pop up notification the other day for Uber rewards, I have been using them a bunch lately. Cant say I checked it before this to notice and pretty sure the rewards was just Uber Eats promos.
Message 24 of 34
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I didn't think the Uber link would expire.  Seemed like a standard link w/o any real promo value to it other than the $100 bonus.  They must be refreshing something about the card or bonus.  I'm sure it will come back soon enough since it's been such a hit and highly competitve w/ Amex Gold for the dining @ 4%.  

I think they might be finally adding an AF or decreasing the benefits because honestly the card in its current iteration had insane earnings for no fees.

And thats what I like about it. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TyRacing wrote:
Not seeing it. I have checked all the menu options. And also closed n opened the app 10x times.

You have to add a payment method.

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Apply for Uber VISA Outside of the Uber App

Hey Everyone,

Just saw that some people may be wanting the Uber card but can't seem to get it to pop in the Uber app. I found this link to apply directly with Barclay's: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2630&cellNumber=7

Give it a shot!

Message 27 of 34
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Re: How to Apply for Uber VISA Outside of the Uber App

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Just saw that some people may be wanting the Uber card but can't seem to get it to pop in the Uber app. I found this link to apply directly with Barclay's: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2630&cellNumber=7

Give it a shot!

Ah, Jeez!

Gotta try really hard to stay in the garden until December like I planned!

I don't NEED another Visa.  WANT is a different story... Smiley Very Happy

R.I.P Cards 

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoogieBall wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Everyone,

Give it a shot!

Ah, Jeez!

Gotta try really hard to stay in the garden until December like I planned!

I don't NEED another Visa.  WANT is a different story... Smiley Very Happy

Make it a XMAS present to yourself then. 

Just your luck though it'll expire and we'll be back in the same boat as before with a dead link and no app on the app popping up.

Message 29 of 34
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Chi town comin in with the save! Im also gonna have to think long and hard as my logic was "oh i realllyyy want this card but i cant get the app to pop oh darn"

Couldnt you of used this power to find the Cubs pitching in the last month?🙈
Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.