cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*UPDATE* Need help, weird Chase FU application situation!

tag
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

*UPDATE* Need help, weird Chase FU application situation!

So my girlfriend applied for a Chase FU card on May 1st and received an email saying "We've received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible." No timespan or any other information. She has a pretty thin profile, but is in the 700s for her VantageScore 3.0, but with no baddies at all, so I encourage her to call them today. They said there was no application and to try reapplying. We reapplied and called Chase, they received the application and said it would be a few days, but again never gave her a timeline. Now we've noticed she has two hits on her card(May 1st and May 6th) from Chase, but only one application received by Chase. What should we do at this point? Is it best to just wait or to go ahead and call for recon? As far as this weird situation with the inquiries, we're going to dispute it, but has anyone experienced something similar? Thanks in advance!

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Need help, weird Chase FU application situation!

@ibebarrett wrote:

So my girlfriend applied for a Chase FU card on May 1st and received an email saying "We've received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible." No timespan or any other information. She has a pretty thin profile, but is in the 700s for her VantageScore 3.0, but with no baddies at all, so I encourage her to call them today. They said there was no application and to try reapplying. We reapplied and called Chase, they received the application and said it would be a few days, but again never gave her a timeline. Now we've noticed she has two hits on her card(May 1st and May 6th) from Chase, but only one application received by Chase. What should we do at this point? Is it best to just wait or to go ahead and call for recon? As far as this weird situation with the inquiries, we're going to dispute it, but has anyone experienced something similar? Thanks in advance!

Don't dispute HP with CRA, you will get nowhere fast. 

Wait for Chase to process application and reach a decision. After that, especially if approved, bring it to their attention. If it was a glitch in their system, they can simply re code it as SP. 

If  her first application was received but not yet in place where regular CSR could "see" it, HP will most likely stay as she technically applied twice. 

For now, do nothing till application review is completed otherwise it can get even more complicated. 

Message 2 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@ibebarrett wrote:

Don't dispute HP with CRA, you will get nowhere fast. 

Wait for Chase to process application and reach a decision. After that, especially if approved, bring it to their attention. If it was a glitch in their system, they can simply re code it as SP. 

If  her first application was received but not yet in place where regular CSR could "see" it, HP will most likely stay as she technically applied twice. 

For now, do nothing till application review is completed otherwise it can get even more complicated. 

The problem is the first application was never received, but the second application was viewable by Chase immediately, and they said there was nothing they could do about the first inquiry and that she would need to dispute with CRA, they also said they could not provide any type of confirmation that they never received the first application. I find it odd that the second application was immediately viewable, but not the first one

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
Message 3 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Computers glitch, it happens. I still would not dispute with CRA while app is in process. 

Good luck with the application. 

Message 4 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Computers glitch, it happens. I still would not dispute with CRA while app is in process. 

cool thanks for the advice, it led to us actually finding the right department, I just wish we had asked more questions before applying again like that lady recommended. Anyway, thanks for the help, hopefully this works out with little headache!

Message 5 of 26
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yeah, definitely wait until the app is resolved before you do anything. Hopefully you can get an approval! Chase has been doing this lately—the pending app with no timeline.

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 26
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@ibebarrett wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

cool thanks for the advice, it led to us actually finding the right department, I just wish we had asked more questions before applying again like that lady recommended. Anyway, thanks for the help, hopefully this works out with little headache!

You're welcome. I hope to see an approval thread coming out of this headache 

Message 7 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Yeah, definitely wait until the app is resolved before you do anything. Hopefully you can get an approval! Chase has been doing this lately—the pending app with no timeline.

We got directed all around and no one is sure whats going on, we should have expected this, her last name has a space in it and that trips up every banking institution, they finally went through and reprocessed the 1st application then directed her to another department that reprocessed the second one for some reason, so now we have to wait 5-10 business days for a letter to show up with an update on the situation. This is so crazy lol I've destroyed my credit and been rebuilding it and had an easier time with credit card applications! Hers is literally flawless lol

Message 8 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@ibebarrett wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

You're welcome. I hope to see an approval thread coming out of this headache 

Me too! thanks for the help! now we have to wait 5-10 business days for a letter to show up, *fingers crossed*

Message 9 of 26
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

**bleep** chase? please help!

Chase has been giving my girlfriend the biggest run around.

May 1st filled out a Freedom Unlimited application. Got a confirmation of application email. Didn't hear anything else.

Called May 6th to check status of application. Chase rep said there was no record of a previous application. Told my girlfriend to reapply. Ended call and reapplied. Called back to confirm this one went through. Representative said that there were now two applications and that she needed to wait for denial letters. The letter for the first application arrived at her mom's house in Alabama. The letter for the second application arrived at our home in Washington. First one got denied because "some of the information was not correct" second one got denied for being a duplicate. 

Called back to say hey! I am the applicant and I would like to verify my information. Fraud department asked her all the security questions, they asked her several times for her email and seemed to think it was incorrect even though it was the one she was receiving the Chase confirmations at. Now both applications are denied and closed, and no one will tell her what she can do to verify her identity. She's asked if she can go to a physical location to provide verification but no one seems to know. They just keep telling her "you can reapply". Even when we try to call the recon line, all they want to do is forward us to the fraud department who have not interest in talking to her or helping her verify her identity. She's been told the application is closed and cannot be accessed, that it is still processing, that "the fraud department has it so I dont know", that she did not answer security questions, that her answers to security questions were not sufficient, and that all she can do is reapply. 

No one can provide a consistent answer and now Chase want her to put a 3rd inquiry on her credit with no actual answer of why these applications are being denied.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what to do next?

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.