Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve - Part Two

tag
minski
Established Contributor

US Bank Altitude Reserve - Part Two

Was denied the first time - 9/28/2019.

Today, I am 1/6, 1/12, 2/24. I app'ed via their website. Fico scores 780s to 800s. Low utilization. No derogatives. Low DTI; I have no loans and I pay in full.

I would have waited until I was 0/6 except I have upcoming travel expenses and I wanted to have the option of using AR which I knew may take a while if approved.

Got the 7-10 day notice.

Smiley Frustrated *twiddles fingers*

Wasn't there a phone number that you could call to find out from automated system if you were approved or not before the 7-10 days?

If AR denies me Smiley Sad, I suppose I could always app for Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Edit: They pulled EX. I'm in NY. Also, update - denial.

Message 6 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
minski
Established Contributor

US Bank Credit Pull

I am in NY and expecting possible large expenses for travel. I am thinking of applying for the Altitude Reserve but I froze TU a while back and in my failed efforts to unfreeze the report (issues with password), my account got suspended. What is the likelihood of USB attempting to pull TU rather than EX? They have pulled both at separate times for me in the past. I am hoping they will go with EX or even EQ this time but... :/

Message 1 of 20
mau471
Contributor

Re: US Bank Credit Pull

I can't speak for NY, but for me both my REI card and business triple cash have used exclusively TU for both the original app and CLIs.

Message 2 of 20
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

Can't speak for NY either but I was just approved for the Altitude Go and they pulled TU exclusively as well.  

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 3 of 20
Bill77
Regular Contributor

I'm not in NY, but Experian was pulled for my 2 us bank card approvals and Experian was attempted to be pulled (frozen) on an Elan application.

Message 4 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

Thanks, everyone.

I managed to get TU unfrozen which is just as well since they seem to pull primarily TU!

Message 5 of 20
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve - Part Two

Think I have always seen US Bank card apps go to manual review. Probably a minimum of 3 days plus the upcoming weekend. Good luck.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 7 of 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@minski wrote:

Wasn't there a phone number that you could call to find out from automated system if you were approved or not before the 7-10 days?

https://answers.usbank.com/answers/s/article/How-do-I-check-the-status-of-my-credit-card-application

Message 8 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@minski  your two threads dealing with same application have been merged. 

Cross-posting bad! 

Message 9 of 20
minski
Established Contributor

Second denial.

Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.