Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Recon help

tag
zerofire
Valued Contributor

US Bank Recon help

So I had an app for the US Bank Cash+ and the paper came back saying that they already extended all the credit they are willing to extend. How does one recon from that? I know the number to call but where do you push to change their mind? A little context is that I have 10 years of credit history and am already a US Bank customer. If I moved credit amounts around I can surely get a Signature card approved.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: US Bank Recon help

US Bank does not reallocate or move limits around.  You can try the reconsideration route, but if your income has already been considered and unless you have any other assets that you can leverage (if you have a substantial depository relationship, for example) then that would be an option.

You really can't force a lender to lend more if they feel that you have sufficient exposure based on internal UW criteria or thresholds.  There are always exceptions where UW can take another look, but do you have anything that can support it.  Try it and see how it plays out.

Message 2 of 4
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Thank you FinStar. Is am not saying that I am going to force a lender to issue money and am aware that overriding internal limits is impossible. I am just strategizing on what I can offer them to sweeten the pot for an approval since the bank is not all knowing. I have reason that there are things they have missed that I could point out to them. The idea of deposit expansion is one I missed. I just usually store my money where more interest is offered.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 3 of 4
zerofire
Valued Contributor

So just a recap, I ended up going through with the recon. The approval thread is here: Link

Active:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.