cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank adds CLI requests via app and online?

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank adds CLI requests via app and online?

@Remedios wrote:
Caved in, used the link, $4000,00
SP, instant.
Somewhat happy camper. Card is only 6 months old, but decent amount of spend.
So, link can result in SP increases

Congrats.

Did I detect an underlying theme of frustration with the limit USB gave your card, in other earlier threads?

eta it was in this thread. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 41 of 122
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yes, this thread and probably every other thread. I still have some balance reporting neurosis, and at $9K, it would have been reporting 50%-60% every month without extra payments.
I'll get over balance neurosis eventually,, in the meantime I'm going to blame AZEO indoctrination for everything.
I've been living like I'm buying a house every month 🤷‍♀️
Message 42 of 122
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Tried the link, got the 2-3 day message and got a HP on EQ.  Ouch!  LOL

Checked our account and they added an extra $2500, raising the CL from $7.5k to an even $10k.  Not a bad CLI, but not sure if it was worth a HP or not.  Kind of "meh".

They pulled EQ, which means I don't have a recent FICO score to share.  Last FICO 8 for EQ was 720 back in July, but we added a balance on a 0% revolver since then, so I'm sure the FICO8 is lower now.  Also, my timing was off due to the holiday last week, so I missed getting the USB balance paid before they reported to the CRA's on the last day of the month.  Had been practicing AZEO, but at AZE2 out of 4 revolvers right now... so I suspect it dropped even more points compared to the norm.  Probably lucky they didn't deny the CLI!

Message 43 of 122
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Duke_Nukem, what do you mean "not a bad CLI"??? This isn't BofA we're talking about here, it's US Bank.  They seem more likely to hard pull your credit report and offer up a bag of half eaten In-N-Out and a coupon for 10% off at Bed Bath and Beyond.  Is there anyone more stingy?  Chase maaaaybe.  

Whatever, it rained all over you.  Congrats!  😆

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 44 of 122
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@Asilomar wrote:

Duke_Nukem, what do you mean "not a bad CLI"??? This isn't BofA we're talking about here, it's US Bank.  They seem more likely to hard pull your credit report and offer up a bag of half eaten In-N-Out and a coupon for 10% off at Bed Bath and Beyond.  Is there anyone more stingy?  Chase maaaaybe.  

Whatever, it rained all over you.  Congrats!  😆

I've not researched USB's CLI amounts, as they don't seem to be as common.  Perhaps it was an excellent CLI for what they normally hand out, but I'm used to SP CLI's from AMEX, Disco, and Synch that hand out higher amounts (yes, even Disco... on occassion!).  Even CapOne has given me $3k CLI's recently without a HP.  It's all about perspective and which company you are dealing with.

Now to go inside and dry off while getting "rained on" when we were in the garden.  Does this HP for CLI mean I'm still gardening or just on a slight break? Smiley Wink

Message 45 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow i just checked and see the link there now! I was always told I cant request one online because my card is a Signature but, good to know! Im not going to request one right now since it looks like it may be a HP and after this inquiry from Cap one to get a denial on a Savor card, I am not wanting to risk another. That would put me at 8 inq in 2 years. I think though I can try maybe in March as I will have 2 inquires drop off leaving only 2 in the last year. Cash+ isnt my daily driver though anyway

Message 46 of 122
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

I've not researched USB's CLI amounts, as they don't seem to be as common.  Perhaps it was an excellent CLI for what they normally hand out, but I'm used to SP CLI's from AMEX, Disco, and Synch that hand out higher amounts (yes, even Disco... on occassion!).  Even CapOne has given me $3k CLI's recently without a HP.  It's all about perspective and which company you are dealing with.

Now to go inside and dry off while getting "rained on" when we were in the garden.  Does this HP for CLI mean I'm still gardening or just on a slight break? Smiley Wink

Perspective aside, who gives out 10K regularly?  Besides Amex doing the 3X boogie (and that only lasts for so long)?  Does Synch give you that and more every time you ask?  I couldn't say about CapOne as I'm bucketed and Disco has never given me that much at one time.  

You must leave the Garden immediately.  And shut the gate behind you -- one never knows who will try to escape. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

Message 47 of 122
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@Asilomar wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Perspective aside, who gives out 10K regularly?  Besides Amex doing the 3X boogie (and that only lasts for so long)?  Does Synch give you that and more every time you ask?  I couldn't say about CapOne as I'm bucketed and Disco has never given me that much at one time.  

You must leave the Garden immediately.  And shut the gate behind you -- one never knows who will try to escape. 

Well, to answer your question:

Synch has given me CLI's of 7800, 4200, and 5000 on my Care Credit in the past 9 months!  I stopped asking because I want to save a little of that luv for other cards if and when I get them.

CapOne (a tough nut to crack) has given me 3000 twice in the past 12 months.

Disco has raised my IT by nearly 10k, and its only 9 months old (stopped asking because I don't want to poke that bear too much).

Of course the king of CLI, AMEX gave my wife a whopping 20k CLI at the 90 day mark earlier this year.

All those were SP.

So yeah, by comparison, a 2500 CLI is "meh" in my book when factoring it in as a HP.  But we are talking about USB, so its a matter of perspective it seems.  Don't get me wrong, perfectly happy with it and the 10K CL!  Probably going to start using the Cash+ more often now that our Uber card has basically been nerfed for us.  Already set the Cash+ categories for next quarter with 5% @ Fast Food and 2% @ Restaurants to somewhat replace the sting of Uberless.

Message 48 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

@Asilomar wrote:

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

Well, to answer your question:

Synch has given me CLI's of 7800, 4200, and 5000 on my Care Credit in the past 9 months!  I stopped asking because I want to save a little of that luv for other cards if and when I get them.

CapOne (a tough nut to crack) has given me 3000 twice in the past 12 months.

Disco has raised my IT by nearly 10k, and its only 9 months old (stopped asking because I don't want to poke that bear too much).

Of course the king of CLI, AMEX gave my wife a whopping 20k CLI at the 90 day mark earlier this year.

All those were SP.

So yeah, by comparison, a 2500 CLI is "meh" in my book when factoring it in as a HP.  But we are talking about USB, so its a matter of perspective it seems.  Don't get me wrong, perfectly happy with it and the 10K CL!  Probably going to start using the Cash+ more often now that our Uber card has basically been nerfed for us.  Already set the Cash+ categories for next quarter with 5% @ Fast Food and 2% @ Restaurants to somewhat replace the sting of Uberless.

I think USB is generally conservative, but that is not to say that they are stingy. Nothing is the Amex dance party. I think banks just really like to see a ton of responsible use before getting comfortable with unleashing the CLIs. 4k after 6 months is pretty **bleep** good. 2500 is still a large % increase. 

And for the record, they do occassionally throw out 10k to CLI requests via soft pull...

Message 49 of 122
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I don't wanna even talk about this.

If they can't see what a upstanding guy I am on their own, I won't give them HP satisfaction.

<huddles in corner 😭>

Message 50 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.