Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank applications

tag
pete19103
New Contributor

US Bank applications

I have been considering applying for either the US Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature or the Cash+ card for the SUB.   I had applied in Oct 2019 but was denied solely because I had 2 new credit cards in the past year; I was told to wait 6 months and re-apply.

These are my Experian inquiries(all were approvals except for the US Bank rejection) in the past 2 years:

10/18/19  US Bank rejection

2/18/20

3/25/20

4/29/20

3/24/21

When would it be safe to apply for a US Bank credit card?  I know they are very strict with inquiries/new accounts.     FICO 9 Experian Bankcard score is 775.   Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank applications

May 1st would make you 1/12. You want 1 new account or less.

Message 2 of 4
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

@pete19103 wrote:

I have been considering applying for either the US Bank Altitude Go Visa Signature or the Cash+ card for the SUB.   I had applied in Oct 2019 but was denied solely because I had 2 new credit cards in the past year; I was told to wait 6 months and re-apply.

These are my Experian inquiries(all were approvals except for the US Bank rejection) in the past 2 years:

10/18/19  US Bank rejection

2/18/20

3/25/20

4/29/20

3/24/21

When would it be safe to apply for a US Bank credit card?  I know they are very strict with inquiries/new accounts.     FICO 9 Experian Bankcard score is 775.   Thanks!

My understanding with them is 1/12 for new revolving accounts, maybe up to 2/12 (profile dependant), but 0/12 is best.  I've also read on here they sometimes include any account, not just revolvers.  I'm also looking at the Altitude Go for an app this summer, and will use it as my in for the Altitude Reserve in the future.

Based on the April last year and the one less than a month old, at least wait until June.  Others can probably give better experience, and of course YMMV.

Message 3 of 4
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

I would try 5/1/21.  They can be sensitive, but I can confirm they will look past it with enough deposits or traffic thru checking/investing.  Good luck and let us know if you get it!!!

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.