cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank mail offer with confirmation code

tag
tbattles12

US Bank mail offer with confirmation code

Today I received a mailer from US Bank for a credit card with a confirmation code to apply with. 0% introductory APR after 20 months it says it will be between 14.99 and 25.99%. I recently closed a checking acccount with them on bad terms. From my understanding they aren’t very forgiving? I’m not considering applying because I’m working on getting one last late payment removed (fingers crossed) but I wanted to know if this was a legitimate offer or just something they send everyone. Thanks!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank mail offer with confirmation code

That's just marketing 

Message 2 of 8
tbattles12

Thanks I figures but wanted to be sure
Message 3 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Op I would think it is legit based off their sampling of your credit info. The precautiin is that the terms are not always definitive because once you app, it is based off of current info on your report. At the time of mailing you the offer, the info on your report can be a little different.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, as @Remedios mentioned upthread, this is simply a marketing offer to apply. It is not a pre-approved or pre-qualified offer. Even the latter are subject to credit approval.

The confirmation code is pretty standard from a tracking perspective tied to any marketing solicitations.
Message 5 of 8
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
OP, as @Remedios mentioned upthread, this is simply a marketing offer to apply. It is not a pre-approved or pre-qualified offer. Even the latter are subject to credit approval.

The confirmation code is pretty standard from a tracking perspective tied to any marketing solicitations.

It is my understanding that unless the offer has a firm APR and credit limit it is usually marketing based on your credit profile at the time of the mailing.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

US Bank, like any other lender, has been known to send targeted non pre-qualified offers or invites even with a specific APR. It still doesn't translate to a pre-approval.

Plus, even with online pre-approved offers that either provide no APR range or potential SL have been known to yield a declined outcome. So, results can vary since nothing is guaranteed (hence the fine print with every offer).
Message 7 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

It is my understanding that unless the offer has a firm APR and credit limit it is usually marketing based on your credit profile at the time of the mailing.

A mailed prequal must contain a distinct, clearly marked section containing opt-out langauge. No opt-out language <==> marketing driven offer to apply.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.