Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank question

tag
Traveler101
Established Contributor

US Bank question

Since I am off the high of a big amex approval, I'm looking at US bank Altitude connect. After doing much research that they may pull TU in Ohio. Amex has not reported yet to bureau. When they want 1/12 for new accounts, does that apply only for credit cards? I have a new vehicle and a personal loan both within last 6 months. Only 1 scorable inquiry that amounted to the BECU headache with their fraud dept and I told them to withdraw my application. And the personal loan is a 5 year note with 4 months reported and 47٪ paid already. Last opened cc on tu is 2.4 years old. Util is 100.00 and 151,000 TCL. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank question

US Bank can be sensitive on both inquiries and new accounts in general. If you already have relationship, some DP show approval on more. Also the Elan sister card Everyday Preferred might be a little more lenient. It's best to be 0-1/12 with US Bank.

Message 2 of 12
Traveler101
Established Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

US Bank can be sensitive on both inquiries and new accounts in general. If you already have relationship, some DP show approval on more. Also the Elan sister card Everyday Preferred might be a little less lenient. It's best to be 0-1/12 with US Bank.

Thank you for that. Never have dealt with them before. Inquiries on my tu is 2/24. I just was not sure how they would view tradelines other than credit cards opened recently. Thanks.

Message 3 of 12
calisig
Regular Contributor

based on all the data points I have researched, US Bank approve more like 2/6 and 4/12 new accounts. In other words, I have seen a lot of datapoints showing many applicatns with 1/6 and 3/12 were approved. And supposedly non-creditcard loans don't count ...

13Oct22 Exp F8: 812
Message 4 of 12
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Thanks. I opted to take one for the team here. Since I could afford the inquiry I figured I'm going to test the water. It was not an auto decline or approval. Thier manual review. I pay substantial amounts above my normal payments on all accounts across the board for years.

@calisig wrote:

based on all the data points I have researched, US Bank approve more like 2/6 and 4/12 new accounts. In other words, I have seen a lot of datapoints showing many applicatns with 1/6 and 3/12 were approved. And supposedly non-creditcard loans don't count ...

They will see that. Now it's up to them. I will post what happens. My bk does not show on tu. I know they pull secondary reports. I'm at 812 fico 8 on tu. That's who they pulled. I will always recon attempt. 

Message 5 of 12
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Really weird. I applied. Multiple notifications my TU report was pulled. Received a notification from USB that they contact me for verification and possibly documents. That was this past Saturday. Today I check Multiple sites and the USB inquiry has been removed from my TU report. Never have encountered that before. I am not going to reapply, I'm just waiting on any kind of response from them.

Message 6 of 12
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Back in underwriting. I had called the status line and was a message unable to approve and would receive a letter. I finally got a representative who had said it was a verification issue. Many long times on hold I was able to talk to a representative in card services. He said last week they had issues in underwriting. My problem was even though I applied in ohio, my ip Addy was showing up in a different state. He confirmed that was the hold up on decision. Meanwhile, very nice rep said he has it covered and it's now back in underwriting 8/4. Many apps were affected the way he seemed to express it. So, wait and see.

Message 7 of 12
Traveler101
Established Contributor

UPDATE..Approved altitude connect. Cl 5k. 

Message 8 of 12
Janneman
Established Contributor

@Traveler101 wrote:

Since I am off the high of a big amex approval, I'm looking at US bank Altitude connect. After doing much research that they may pull TU in Ohio. Amex has not reported yet to bureau. When they want 1/12 for new accounts, does that apply only for credit cards? I have a new vehicle and a personal loan both within last 6 months. Only 1 scorable inquiry that amounted to the BECU headache with their fraud dept and I told them to withdraw my application. And the personal loan is a 5 year note with 4 months reported and 47٪ paid already. Last opened cc on tu is 2.4 years old. Util is 100.00 and 151,000 TCL. Thanks in advance.

Congrat...For the last 4-5 months, 99% of US bank applications are going for verification process...my two credit cards applications and checking account application...all went for verification.

Can u plz explain this- why do you think BECU as a headache,  and what made u to withdrew your application with them, and when this happened?

as for US bank then I do have Altitude Connect card a few months ago...I didnt have any other product with them, but I had 4 new accounts in 12 months when they approved me for this card and even one of their business cards...

Message 9 of 12
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Congratulation on your US Bank Altitude Go approval🎉🎉🎉

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.