cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: DENIED Third NFCU statement today, what to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: DENIED Third NFCU statement today, what to do?

@Anonymous thanks so much for the update! That's gotta feel great to know you are almost there!! Can't wait for the next update and keep up whatever you're doing now cuz it's obviously working!! Happy Saturday! Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fourth statement posted today... applied for More Rewards and was denied...again Smiley Mad

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I am sorry about the denial. I was hoping you would have better luck than I did when I went for my second card. 

I tried several months back to back with denials. I decided to guinea pig it in case it helped another member of the community and since Navy was offering free HP's for all (lol) I finally had success with a Platinum approval at month five.

You are doing the right things and currently you have a secured card with a $500 CL if I recall correctly. I know everyone says to be patient and keep building history but it really is the way to go. The hardest part is behind you. You are in and they gave you a CLI on a secured card already. I'll be reading your success post soon. I just know it!

Please let us know what the letter says and have a good weekend ahead my friend. 

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I messed up last month, mistakingly mixing up my Discover card opening date with navy. So today is the third full statement. I don't get it. I've paid all my collections, even finally settling a business derog just recently. Just discouraging.

I keep applying because I read DP from others and believe I stand a chance. 😑 

Message 24 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

What were the reasons cited on this particular denial?

Message 25 of 31
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I messed up last month, mistakingly mixing up my Discover card opening date with navy. So today is the third full statement. I don't get it. I've paid all my collections, even finally settling a business derog just recently. Just discouraging.

Sometimes it's best to wait a month, after you have paid or had a negative removed. That way you can be sure that it has updated to all three bureaus. As @Anonymous said, once your in with Navy, you just have to be patient. Sooner or later when they are comfortable with you, they'll take care of you. As a dp , my best friend joined September 29.  He applied for a more rewards the same day as me. I've been a member for five months and my direct deposit is there. His scores are all in the 800's and he got a 3k sl. My scores are mid to high 600's and I got 20k. Navy seems more focused on building a good relationship first. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

What were the reasons cited on this particular denial?

I gotta wait for the letter. Last month I called and the rep said to wait for the letter. I sent a secure message but haven't heard back. 

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BmoreBull wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sometimes it's best to wait a month, after you have paid or had a negative removed. That way you can be sure that it has updated to all three bureaus. As @Anonymous said, once your in with Navy, you just have to be patient. Sooner or later when they are comfortable with you, they'll take care of you. As a dp , my best friend joined September 29.  He applied for a more rewards the same day as me. I've been a member for five months and my direct deposit is there. His scores are all in the 800's and he got a 3k sl. My scores are mid to high 600's and I got 20k. Navy seems more focused on building a good relationship first. 

I've thought of opening a checking account, maybe even depositing a large amount just to keep there. Just want to get out of secured card purgatory. I would really put all my spend on that 2nd navy card if it had a decent credit limit, the one I keep hoping I get. Stuck at $500 w two secure cards.

Maybe I should start to put most of my spend on this card vs Discover. I have to pay that card down 2-3x a month. 

Message 28 of 31
tnhomestead
Frequent Contributor

It will get better. When I joined I could not even get a used car loan, now have a 5k cc with them. Give it time and they are pretty good!

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what to make of this 😂 

After the denial I sent a secure message asking why it was denied. Just now got an email from Navy, stating that after a second look they approved the application for...$500.

NOT what I was expecting, both being approved 😃 and such a low limit 😐 

My Navy second card story isn't exactly what I hoped for after reading so many others writing they get a nice limit w second card. Oh well, maybe I applied too soon. At least I'm out of secured card purgatory. 

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.