Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Capital One QuickSilver

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgraded to Capital One QuickSilver

So tonight I upgraded my Cap1 Platinum to the Quicksilver. I already have a Quicksilver 1. I initially requested a chat to see if I could upgrade my Quicksilver 1 but there were no offers available. I opened another chat to get a reason why my Platinum card was being denied CLI for about a year now. I kept getting the response " we are evaluating activities at assigned credit line". The rep told me to try again for another increase in a few days. I didn't see what would change. My accounts have never been late, in fact I pay them a few days beforehand. I asked if I could upgrade my card. I personally felt like there was a stigma attached to the Platinum card because it's for rebuilding credit. Almost like I was at my max. There was an upgrade available to the quicksilver but it kept my credit line the same. The rep told me I could apply for a CLI In a few days. I was wondering if my approval odds are better now? Again I have never been late since opening my acct over a year ago on both my cards with capital one. I pay more than the minimum as well.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upgraded to Capital One QuickSilver

I always get that response as well (" we are evaluating activities at assigned credit line"), and it's so frustrating. My only speculation is that they want you to spend a ton even if you utilization is high. I like Cap 1, but I've been stuck at 5000.00 for two years now... One of my first cards, hell Chase gave me a 3000.00 increase for the hell of it, I didn't ask. 

Message 2 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Once Cap1 decides they dont like your TL, forget it. I have an 11 year old never late Visa Plat card with no problems STUCK at a $1750 CL. Their Creditwise TU score they give me is 790. I only reason i keep the account open is for the account age

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 10
Tazman81
Established Contributor

It's important to understand the product from Capital One that you have in your wallet.  If you have a rebuilder card, or their easier card to get such as the Platinum Card or the QuickSilver One card, then those credit limits will NOT grow that high.  These cards are great for rebuilding, but once you've done that, then it's time to ditch the cards for ones that offer better opportunity for growth.

The cards that offer opportunity for growth are the ones lised on Capital One's site as being for Excellent credit.  If you've had a subprime card for an extend period of time, you can see if capital one will allow you to upgrade that card to one of their prime cards, or a card with rewards.  Use the link below to check the eligibility of your current cards to be upgraded.

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade 

One thing to keep in mind though is that the QuickSilver card is NOT the same as the QuickSilver ONE card.  The QS ONE is easier to get, and more of a sub-prime card that can see some of the credit line limitations as cards like the Platinum card.  A regular QuickSilver (without the ONE, and without the annual fee) is a prime card.

Hopefully this provides some clarity on why some of the cards people have with Capital One do not grow, even though you've had them for extended periods of time.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you tell us a bit about your credit back ground. I had a 680 credit score got a cap card for $4500 and withen a year had it at $9000. Also every 2 months the send me a balance transfer check for 18 monts 0% apr. 3% fee. I haven't used them yet but I could get a loan of $5000 for a one time fee of $150 and pay only $300 a month. Pretty nice.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combine your quicksilver and quicksilver 1. Automatic increase that way lol
Message 6 of 10
wilkersonk
Established Member

I have had the QS One for almost a year now. They did a CLI for 1500 @ 5-6 months. I had totally forgotten about the yearly fee until this thread. Got on the phone and they happily changed my One to the QS, no questions. My score has dramatically increased in the past year though-- I'm pretty sure I started out sub-600s, maybe low 600s and now I'm going between high 600s to low 700s depending on UTL. Not sure that had anything to do with it or not.

Message 7 of 10
impactplayer
New Contributor

Off topic but if you listen to Spotify and have a Quicksilver card, you can get half off Premium through April 2018 if you pay with your QS. https://www.spotify.com/us/capitalone/ 

Message 8 of 10
wilkersonk
Established Member

Awesome! Thanks for that nugget, I will change mine now.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded my Venture One to Quicksilver to earn 1.5% cash back. Earning miles takes forever so forget miles rewards. Cash rewards is a better choice 😂
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.