cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venmo CC denied - due to sage stream lock?

tag
itlm062
New Contributor

Venmo CC denied - due to sage stream lock?

Applied for the new venmo cc, was decliend, got the letter and it said it was due to "credit freeze / lock"

The letter listed TU / Sagestream, i know for sure TU is not locked since i got a hard pull...

I think i locked sagesteam some years ago....on well...

Calling them didn't help either...sigh...

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Venmo CC denied - due to sage stream lock?

Unfortunately, if SageStream/Innovis is locked, the application will auto-decline and no reconsideration is possible.   Also, it appears they're also pulling EX in a variety of cases, in addition to TU, so that one needs to be unfrozen as well.

If this card is of interest to you, be sure to unlock things and then you can reapply.  Not sure how soon Venmo would show the [apply] CC option, if declined.

Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@itlm062 wrote:

Applied for the new venmo cc, was decliend, got the letter and it said it was due to "credit freeze / lock"

The letter listed TU / Sagestream, i know for sure TU is not locked since i got a hard pull...

Myself and @FinStar especially have repeatedly been beating this drum lately.

It sux but Synchrony AND with some Comenity cards that notorious Sagestream issue is turning up more often all the time with this pair of lenders. I had no idea Comenity now uses it when i applied for first the Visa then the IKEA store card after preapproval. It toasted (2) good HP's down the drink with their letter citing ONLY Sagestream.

Like you i iced that nonsense many years ago. Once your denied because of it there's no recon. Bahhh.

Dunno about Synchrony but Comenity says try again after 30 days. Meaning obviously to UNFREEZE SAGESTREAM.

Message 3 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@itlm062 wrote:

Myself and @FinStar especially have repeatedly been beating this drum lately.

It sux but Synchrony AND with some Comenity cards that notorious Sagestream issue is turning up more often all the time with this pair of lenders. I had no idea Comenity now uses it when i applied for first the Visa then the IKEA store card after preapproval. It toasted (2) good HP's down the drink with their letter citing ONLY Sagestream.

Like you i iced that nonsense many years ago. Once your denied because of it there's no recon. Bahhh.

Dunno about Synchrony but Comenity says try again after 30 days. Meaning obviously to UNFREEZE SAGESTREAM.

Unfortunately there has been a fair amount of guidance over the last couple of years to freeze Sagestream especially if preparing to apply for a US Bank card.  That included some members here as well as an article recommending it on DoC.

Laws of unintended consequences; you don't fix issues by papering over them.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Yeah anymore it is worth researching posts as this and other in this forum on this occurance to save from wasting a HP if a member has it iced. The common thing to do is unfreeze Sagestream for Lenders as this if one is set on apping their products. At least a day ahead of and before applying in order for the app to complete without running into that very issue.

Message 5 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Yeah anymore it is worth researching posts as this and other in this forum on this occurance to save from wasting a HP if a member has it iced. The common thing to do is unfreeze Sagestream for Lenders as this if one is set on apping their products. At least a day ahead of and before applying in order for the app to complete without running into that very issue.

In a lot of cases the motivation for the freeze was there being valid or invalid derogatory information being present on the Sagestream report and freezing the report was touted as being a quick and easy way to deal with it.  Anyone who did this might want to confirm what an unfrozen report now looks like.

o restrict disclosure of derogatory information and not as a security measure.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Unfortunately, if SageStream/Innovis is locked, the application will auto-decline and no reconsideration is possible.   Also, it appears they're also pulling EX in a variety of cases, in addition to TU, so that one needs to be unfrozen as well.

If this card is of interest to you, be sure to unlock things and then you can reapply.  Not sure how soon Venmo would show the [apply] CC option, if declined.

Is sagestream and innovis  the same?  If I froze sagestream does that mean my innovis was frozen too?

Message 7 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Is sagestream and innovis  the same?  If I froze sagestream does that mean my innovis was frozen too?

They are not the same.  Sagestream is now owned by Lexis Nexis and innovis is a business unit of a holding company known as CBC headquartered in Ohio.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 8 of 11
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Anyone know if you also need to unfreeze Lexis Nexis?

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

Anyone know if you also need to unfreeze Lexis Nexis?

For the Venmo CC?  AFAIK, no.  Just Sagestream and the 3 CRAs - they're known to pull any of the 3 or combo of 2 depending on profile.  If you want the application expereince to go smooth, unfreeze all 3 + SG.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.