Oh for sure!! EX inqs are like gold!

Lol......

+1

Message 12 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Venture Manual Review and Two New HPs

@chalupaman wrote:

CS there clearly told me that there wouldn't be any new HPs done on either my TU or EQ report because my Venture app had been submitted in the last 30 days.

Fast forward to today and I noticed a new HP from Capone on my TU and EQ reports and I called EO again and told them what happened and this woman kept telling me that it may have been a soft inquiry and I kept telling her that I could clearly see them on my reports so they're gonna look into what happened.

I'm so annoyed right now. 

wow weclome to cap1 where they enjoy spraying your credit report.. hopefully you get an approval after 4 or 6 hps?

Message 13 of 31
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

CS there clearly told me that there wouldn't be any new HPs done on either my TU or EQ report because my Venture app had been submitted in the last 30 days.

Fast forward to today and I noticed a new HP from Capone on my TU and EQ reports and I called EO again and told them what happened and this woman kept telling me that it may have been a soft inquiry and I kept telling her that I could clearly see them on my reports so they're gonna look into what happened.

wow weclome to cap1 where they enjoy spraying your credit report.. hopefully you get an approval after 4 or 6 hps?

DCU was almost as bad in the HP kamikaze department. CapOne needs to get with the times.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I don't know..

If I hadn't been instapproved for the Venture i'd have stopped right then and there, personally. No need to self-flagellate yourself like that over a pissant $400 travel bonus.

One set of twin pulls is bad enough, but 6+ pulls for this mishegas is beyond salvation. I'd have cut all ties with them then and there.

Message 15 of 31
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

I don't know..

If I hadn't been instapproved for the Venture i'd have stopped right then and there, personally. No need to self-flagellate yourself like that over a pissant $400 travel bonus.

One set of twin pulls is bad enough, but 6+ pulls for this mishegas is beyond salvation. I'd have cut all ties with them then and there.

If they had told me up front it would be two more HPs, I would have stopped right then and there and not bother but they really made it seem like they wouldn't do any more HPs and I heard so many great things about CapOne's EO that I didn't think they would come out and do this.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 16 of 31
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Called back again and the app has been declined again. 

CapOne can suck it. Two more HPs for nothing.

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

Freeze everything and have them review again.

Message 18 of 31
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Freeze everything and have them review again.

I'm just gonna wait 30 days and go from there. Trying again is not out of the question but if that happens again, you bet I'm freezing everything.

Message 19 of 31
baller4life
Super Contributor

That sucks!!! Freakin morons! Smiley Mad
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.