Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture One chances

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture One chances

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

What attracks you to the arrival +?  Similiar to the Venture and sign-up bonus?

Mainly, no foreign transaction fees because I travel abroad very often. Most of my expenses are work travel related, so they are paid out by my company anyway. I'm spending around $2,000 just in that category, and it doesn't even come out of my pocket, so all the bonuses are "free". Since most of my expenses are travel related I can take good advantage of the rewards.

My CL on the QS One is just $2700 so you can see why it becomes an issue (high utilization on that single card), plus if I want to get something for me while abroad and they don't take Discover I have to use the QS One.

My Barclay's Apple Rewards has a CL of $2,200 but they charge a 3% foreign transaction fee, and I only got it to buy a new iPhone with deferred financing interest-free. At first I was denied the Apple card, then I spoke to an analyst and he approved me, initially with a $1000 CL. I finished paying my iPhone before the 12 months were over so I'm hoping that's a good sign for them! I got the increases without asking too! If I'm denied the Arrival+ I think I could speak with an analyst and I have a very strong argument:

1) Apple card only good for Apple products, I would like a card with them for other stuff

2) Low utilization on their Apple card

3) Finished paying my iPhone in like 9 months instead of 12

4) For work expenses so there's no risk really

Message 21 of 42
Scupra
Super Contributor

How is your utilization and do you have any negatives? I would wait to see the decline letter before apping for anything else. Capital One is considered a fairly easy approval, you have a current relation with them and you were still declined. This would make me think twice about any app moving forward Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 22 of 42
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

OP, I think the issue is that Capital One wasn't ready to give you the Venture's $5,000 minimum credit limit. I think that applying for the Quicksilver ($1,000 minimum credit limit) or the VentureOne ($2,000 minimum credit limit) would have likely resulted in an approval. Of the two cards, I'd vote for the Quicksilver because of the better rewards.

Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

OP, I think the issue is that Capital One wasn't ready to give you the Venture's $5,000 minimum credit limit. I think that applying for the Quicksilver ($1,000 minimum credit limit) or the VentureOne ($2,000 minimum credit limit) would have likely resulted in an approval. Of the two cards, I'd vote for the Quicksilver because of the better rewards.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Would you recommend applying for the Quicksilver? But they would pull my credit report again... maybe I should try calling again because the lady that answered the phone wasn't very helpful. How can I get someone to review my application over the phone? Like Barclays 

Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I was thinking the same when I saw op other limits. 

Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I was thinking the same when I saw op other limits. 

I'm going to try calling one more time. If no luck then I have three options: QS, Arrival+ and Mlife.

Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for the Venture card, but I wasn't approved. I'm thinking I should call the backdoor number

Also, if apply for a QS do they pull my credit report again?

Capital One unfortunately does not recon. If you call they will say they will review it, but highly unlikely will it be approved.

If you apply for the QS, you will most likely sustain another 3 HP'S.

Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Would you recommend applying for the Quicksilver? But they would pull my credit report again... maybe I should try calling again because the lady that answered the phone wasn't very helpful. How can I get someone to review my application over the phone? Like Barclays 

You won't get anyone on the phone to review your application. They don't do it.

Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for the Venture card, but I wasn't approved. I'm thinking I should call the backdoor number

Also, if apply for a QS do they pull my credit report again?

Capital One unfortunately does not recon. If you call they will say they will review it, but highly unlikely will it be approved.

If you apply for the QS, you will most likely sustain another 3 HP'S.

Thank you, that's a bummer. I think I will try Arrival+ then

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.