Did you mean: 

Waiting on Wells Fargo / Reflections BT CC *UPDATE*

tag
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Waiting on Wells Fargo / Reflections BT CC *UPDATE*

1. Membership Application submission - Sat

2. WF Chk acct approved Yesterday 

3. Applied for WF Reflections as well during account app.

No instant approval but got a message yesterday that they need to view a few more pieces of information before making a decision 🙄

Anyone care to share thier experience on this scenario with WF CCs? 

**UPDATE**

😑 Declined whomp whomp... 

Reason 30% usage on my SunTrust Card.

(Zero on all others) hmmmm

So, looks like that 30% is not cool with WF (at least for my file anyway)

I understand though (because none of the new CCs in my spree with bigger limits are reporting yet)

Thanks! 

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Waiting on Wells Fargo / Reflections BT CC *UPDATE*

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

I've had a WF checking/savings for about 8 years with a $5k platinum that I've had for the last 3.  It was opened 2 years into my 5 year Ch 13 bankruptcy but I rarely used it because there were no rewards.  It was mainly used as a credit rebuilder.

Last fall (with about 6 months left in my Ch 13) I applied for the Reflect and was approved for $2k.  I immediately called them and transferred 4k of my CL from the platinum so now the Reflect is $6k and the Plat is $1k.  

The Reflect had an 18 month 0% no fee BT offer extendable to 21 months with on time payments so I moved all my debt to it as planned.  I saw it rated as the "best" BT card currently available on some financial websites which is why I applied.

I really think my current relationship with WF had a lot to do with it though because as said I was still making Ch 13 payments.  My scores were in the low 600's at the time but are a little higher now... mid to high 600's as shown in my sig.  I plan to pick up a 3rd WF card (active cash) at some point but gonna wait a bit.  I still have another year or so until all the baddies fall off my reports.

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 4
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

I've had a WF checking/savings for about 8 years with a $5k platinum that I've had for the last 3.  It was opened 2 years into my 5 year Ch 13 bankruptcy but I rarely used it because there were no rewards.  It was mainly used as a credit rebuilder.

Last fall (with about 6 months left in my Ch 13) I applied for the Reflect and was approved for $2k.  I immediately called them and transferred 4k of my CL from the platinum so now the Reflect is $6k and the Plat is $1k.  

The Reflect had an 18 month 0% no fee BT offer extendable to 21 months with on time payments so I moved all my debt to it as planned.  I saw it rated as the "best" BT card currently available on some financial websites which is why I applied.

I really think my current relationship with WF had a lot to do with it though because as said I was still making Ch 13 payments.  My scores were in the low 600's at the time but are a little higher now... mid to high 600's as shown in my sig.  I plan to pick up a 3rd WF card (active cash) at some point but gonna wait a bit.  I still have another year or so until all the baddies fall off my reports.

Yep I think that relationship will play a bigger role for me in the future as well.  My 2022 spree has come to its close, now I'm just waiting on a couple more CCs to approve or decline.

That Reflections BT is nice though 😊 I gotta say.   (Shuggs) oh well, we will try again next Summer. 

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 3 of 4
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

Yep I think that relationship will play a bigger role for me in the future as well.  My 2022 spree has come to its close, now I'm just waiting on a couple more CCs to approve or decline.

That Reflections BT is nice though 😊 I gotta say.   (Shuggs) oh well, we will try again next Summer. 

Yeah it's an amazing BT card.  Highly recommended.  

I agree that you'll have better chances next year.  In my experience the relationship with WF definitely makes a difference.  Also let me say that they are great with meeting your needs if you have multiple cards.  Whenever I do get the Active Cash I totally plan on calling them back and transferring the limit from the Reflect (that will be paid off) to the new card... just like I did before.  It's pretty cool that they allow you to move limits from less useful cards to the better ones.  Smiley Happy

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.