Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Card Capital One Denial

tag
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Card Capital One Denial

Wow Just saw the commercial for the card
I think once your 30 inq go down Cap1 will give you their Card!

You have pretty solid DP
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 24
zerofire
Valued Contributor

While Walmart wanted more approvals for their card there was nothing in the paperwork that said that Capital One can not deny requests that they think are insane. Just like Capital One I have reason to believe that 30 inquiries is a bit much especially if they are all cards. I recommend that you sit back and have a break in the garden as those HP's fall off.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eq 635, ex 730, tu 780
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Eq 635, ex 730, tu 780

Wow. Cap1 is on a scortched earth mission to clear the table at Wally World.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

they denied my first application, reapplied at the recommendation of a store employee and approved
Message 15 of 24
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

@Lking what changed in your profile from the time you were denied and the time an employee advised you to reapply? Just curious.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 16 of 24
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Rebuild2019that is strange. Let us know.

Message 17 of 24
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@CreditUp26 wrote:
This was my thing is that there is no massive signup bonus for the Walmart card. I think you get 5% back in store the first year instead of 2%, that’s not a real bonus. So there’s no churn concern here. You would only apply for this card if you shop at Walmart. I could see also applying if you are desperate for credit but with $168K available I’m clearly not and 700+ FICO is low risk. They could have also just let me convert. It’s Ok though, Discover is 5% through the end of the year on Walmart.com so I’ll use that. Cap one has definitely tightened up lending but I read it’s because they see a recession coming soon. Going to garden a bit - just got Macy’s back so hopefully no AA On my other cards from the inq or ones I’ve opened and will try again in 6 months.

What recession......the one that was coming 2 years ago?  From what I see credit is pretty fluid now....however, lenders are getting more selective and more people are starting to use credit cards again as they can earn money this way.  I will do my Christmas shopping this year with bonuses I have received from credit card usage.

Message 18 of 24
MrsSanchez80
Established Member

I wanted the Walmart card as well, but I believe I've been blacklisted by Cap1 since my bankruptcy😔😔😔
Message 19 of 24
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Cap One seems to let most people back unsecured around a year after discharge.  Some a lot sooner, but most by then.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.