Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Account Sensitive?

tag
colt29708
New Visitor

Wells Fargo Account Sensitive?

Hey all,

I wanted to get the Bilt credit card, and I applied for it but was denied; the reason stating that I had opened too many accounts in the past 6 months. I opened 2 cards in January and one in April. I was just curious if Wells Fargo was account sensitive for more than 6 months. I'm at 8/24, right now. I'll be under 5/24 in July of 2023. WF pulled Equifax, and I only had 2 hard inquiries on that report prior to the application. Any idea as to when I should reapply?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo Account Sensitive?

@colt29708 wrote:

Hey all,

I wanted to get the Bilt credit card, and I applied for it but was denied; the reason stating that I had opened too many accounts in the past 6 months. I opened 2 cards in January and one in April. I was just curious if Wells Fargo was account sensitive for more than 6 months. I'm at 8/24, right now. I'll be under 5/24 in July of 2023. WF pulled Equifax, and I only had 2 hard inquiries on that report prior to the application. Any idea as to when I should reapply?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @colt29708, welcome to the forums.

Yes, they can cite that as a reason for a variety of profiles. It doesn't mean other consumers would be denied for too many accounts and/or inquiries in the past 6-12 months, but it's not out of the ordinary for WF (or other lenders) to do so. It's all profile-dependent.  My suggestion would be to try in the next ~6 months or so given the 8/24 info you've provided.

Message 2 of 3
colt29708
New Visitor

Re: Wells Fargo Account Sensitive?

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the insight and suggestion. I will wait until next year to reapply. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.