cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Card...

tag
jd403
Regular Contributor

What Credit Card...

...gives tme the best chances of being approved?  My current FICO 8 scores are TU 686, EX 683, EQ 643.

 

I have no bad debt, one 30 day late from last year and a paid in full and released lien from 2011.  I just bought a house in March and that mortgage loan is already showing on my reports.

 

I currently have Cap One Pl $2800 CL, Amex Optima $1000 CL and Kohls $700 CL

FICO 8: TU 716 EX, 718 EQ 721 (10/19/21)

Discover IT $10.5k, Citi AA $10.8k , Cap One QS - $6.3k, Amex Optima - $4k Kohl's - $3k, M-Life MasterCard $8k, Amex Delta Gold $16.5k
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: What Credit Card...

I'd first eliminate lenders that pull EQ, since it is 40 points lower. Some of these lenders double pull like Citi, or even triple pull like Cap1. You'll want to take that into account also.


Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: What Credit Card...


@jd403 wrote:

...gives tme the best chances of being approved?  My current FICO 8 scores are TU 686, EX 683, EQ 643.

 

I have no bad debt, one 30 day late from last year and a paid in full and released lien from 2011.  I just bought a house in March and that mortgage loan is already showing on my reports.

 

I currently have Cap One Pl $2800 CL, Amex Optima $1000 CL and Kohls $700 CL


Capital One Quicksilver, Barclay Rewards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 18
jd403
Regular Contributor

Re: What Credit Card...


@RM21 wrote:
I'd first eliminate lenders that pull EQ, since it is 40 points lower. Some of these lenders double pull like Citi, or even triple pull like Cap1. You'll want to take that into account also.

Is there somewhere I canlook for cards that don't pull EQ?

FICO 8: TU 716 EX, 718 EQ 721 (10/19/21)

Discover IT $10.5k, Citi AA $10.8k , Cap One QS - $6.3k, Amex Optima - $4k Kohl's - $3k, M-Life MasterCard $8k, Amex Delta Gold $16.5k
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Credit Card...

I would first get on chat with Cap1 and ask if you can get rewards added to that platinum card.

Next, what do you want a card for? Groceries, dining out, general spend, home improvement, cash or miles, no FTF, annual fee.......

There are a lot of cards out there you can get with your EX and TU scores, but what exactly do you need?

Do you belong to any CU's? Any banking relationships to leverage?

Your post is too general, if you give us some idea what you're looking for, many folks can chime in with some great suggestions.
Message 5 of 18
jd403
Regular Contributor

Re: What Credit Card...


@Anonymous wrote:
I would first get on chat with Cap1 and ask if you can get rewards added to that platinum card.

Next, what do you want a card for? Groceries, dining out, general spend, home improvement, cash or miles, no FTF, annual fee.......

There are a lot of cards out there you can get with your EX and TU scores, but what exactly do you need?

Do you belong to any CU's? Any banking relationships to leverage?

Your post is too general, if you give us some idea what you're looking for, many folks can chime in with some great suggestions.

I'm looking for a cars that let's me earn rewards/miles and that can grow over time.  I prefer no annual fee but it isn't the end of the world.  I bank with Wells Fargo but they are so bad I'd like to stay away from them.

FICO 8: TU 716 EX, 718 EQ 721 (10/19/21)

Discover IT $10.5k, Citi AA $10.8k , Cap One QS - $6.3k, Amex Optima - $4k Kohl's - $3k, M-Life MasterCard $8k, Amex Delta Gold $16.5k
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Credit Card...

Probably Barclays or a Synchrony card as they almost exclusively pull TU, venture one would be a choice the effects of an inquiry would be gone in 6-12 months and you'd only lose 3-5 points for an inquiry at most.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Credit Card...

Forgot to mention Barclay rewards as I hear it's fairly easy to get.
Message 8 of 18
jd403
Regular Contributor

Re: What Credit Card...

I contacted Cap One and they upgraded me to the QS w/ 1.5% cash back

FICO 8: TU 716 EX, 718 EQ 721 (10/19/21)

Discover IT $10.5k, Citi AA $10.8k , Cap One QS - $6.3k, Amex Optima - $4k Kohl's - $3k, M-Life MasterCard $8k, Amex Delta Gold $16.5k
Message 9 of 18
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: What Credit Card...

Uh....

Is anyone going to ask OP what's dragging their scores down? 

 

Showing a bk, judgement, CO, etc etc etc... affects how specific lenders will greet you with open arms, not just 'scored this.'

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.