cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Second CLI? Amazon Synchrony

Jazee
Contributor

When Second CLI? Amazon Synchrony

I'm sure this has been posted before but I couldn't find the info in a recent search...

 

Opened an Amazon Store card coming up on 7 months ago.  After 3rd statement I hit the CLI request button and entered $10K as heard doesn't hurt to heck, aske for $100K, they took me from $3K to $6K.

 

Because I knew it was a soft pull, 2 statement later I hit the CLI request button again and was denied and got the letter that the only reason listed was past CLI was too recent. 

 

I'm wondering, how much longer most likely I'll have to wait to get another CLI?  Did I extend my waiting period by prematurely hitting the CLI button a second time?  I never run the car up past 10% UTI and always pay it off.  Is that going to hurt my chances/amount on second CLI?  Problem with this card since it's a store card is I can't run it up and pay it off like my other cards as it would mean I need to buy a bunch of stuff I don't need unless I bought like a couple laptops and cell phones on Amazon, didn't even open them, then returned them.  LOL.  On the other cards I can just choose one card to pay all my bills on that month if I want to run the balance up and then pay it off to demonstrate to the lender I can handle the high limit.

 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator

Re: When Second CLI? Amazon Synchrony


@Jazee wrote:

I'm sure this has been posted before but I couldn't find the info in a recent search...

 

Opened an Amazon Store card coming up on 7 months ago.  After 3rd statement I hit the CLI request button and entered $10K as heard doesn't hurt to heck, aske for $100K, they took me from $3K to $6K.

 

Because I knew it was a soft pull, 2 statement later I hit the CLI request button again and was denied and got the letter that the only reason listed was past CLI was too recent. 

 

I'm wondering, how much longer most likely I'll have to wait to get another CLI?  Did I extend my waiting period by prematurely hitting the CLI button a second time?  I never run the car up past 10% UTI and always pay it off.  Is that going to hurt my chances/amount on second CLI?  Problem with this card since it's a store card is I can't run it up and pay it off like my other cards as it would mean I need to buy a bunch of stuff I don't need unless I bought like a couple laptops and cell phones on Amazon, didn't even open them, then returned them.  LOL.  On the other cards I can just choose one card to pay all my bills on that month if I want to run the balance up and then pay it off to demonstrate to the lender I can handle the high limit.

 


Just to clarify any confusion on the logic, you asked for $100,000 or $10,000? 

I wouldn't recommend buying/returning unopened items as a habit just to see if a CLI can be triggered by such unwarranted activities.  Plus you risk your Amazon.com account to be suspended.

 

So, as far as a CLI goes, if it was declined 2 months ago, I'd wait at least anywhere from 2-6 months to request another one.  Also, just be aware that you place yourself on their radar if you're requesting frequent CLIs, regardless if they're SP.  Definitely don't want to draw much attention and risk an account closure.

Message 2 of 6
BetterMoves
Contributor

Re: When Second CLI? Amazon Synchrony

 


@Jazee wrote:

 

Because I knew it was a soft pull, 2 statement later I hit the CLI request button again and was denied and got the letter that the only reason listed was past CLI was too recent. 

 


I  think its at least three statements generating after opening or CLI, and you jumped the gun by requesting just two statements after your previous CLI.

Wells Fargo Platinum
Discover it Chrome
Amazon Prime Store (Synchrony)
Walmart Store Card (Capital One)
Citi Costco Anywhere
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
American Express Hilton Honors
Message 3 of 6
Jazee
Contributor

Re: When Second CLI? Amazon Synchrony


@FinStar wrote:

Also, just be aware that you place yourself on their radar if you're requesting frequent CLIs, regardless if they're SP.  Definitely don't want to draw much attention and risk an account closure.

Is there any confirmation that requesting too often has a negative effect?  Seems like the only one that would know that would be NFCU unless they divulged that information to a customer.  Otherwise, why wouldn't they just remove the CLI request button from your account screen until the minimum time has passed to have a chance at getting approved for another CLI?  I'm sure lots of people in the general public would potentially hit that button once a week or once a month as long as it's there. People that have not learned about the 91 day rule, etc etc etc.  So I'd be surprised since it's a Soft Pull, if requesting too often has any negative effect.  BUT, I'd agree, LOGICALLY, it seems it could be one data point NFCU *could* consider on your approval: number of CLI's requested IN ADDITION TO number of CLI's granted within a certain time period.

 

Although I would remain skeptical, unless someone has confirmed that's a fact with NFCU. But when in doubt, the phrase "better safe than sorry" still comes to mind.

 

 

Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator

Re: When Second CLI? Amazon Synchrony

You may want to read this thread JIC.  It can happen on a single account, two, three, several.  

 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Master-Synchrony-Account-Closure-Thread/td-p/6119157

Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Moderator

Re: When Second CLI? Amazon Synchrony


@Jazee wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Also, just be aware that you place yourself on their radar if you're requesting frequent CLIs, regardless if they're SP.  Definitely don't want to draw much attention and risk an account closure.

Is there any confirmation that requesting too often has a negative effect?  Seems like the only one that would know that would be NFCU unless they divulged that information to a customer.  Otherwise, why wouldn't they just remove the CLI request button from your account screen until the minimum time has passed to have a chance at getting approved for another CLI?  I'm sure lots of people in the general public would potentially hit that button once a week or once a month as long as it's there. People that have not learned about the 91 day rule, etc etc etc.  So I'd be surprised since it's a Soft Pull, if requesting too often has any negative effect.  BUT, I'd agree, LOGICALLY, it seems it could be one data point NFCU *could* consider on your approval: number of CLI's requested IN ADDITION TO number of CLI's granted within a certain time period.

 

Although I would remain skeptical, unless someone has confirmed that's a fact with NFCU. But when in doubt, the phrase "better safe than sorry" still comes to mind.

 

 


Logically, you applied for a lot of cards, you got denials, you have inquiries without  corresponding new accounts, and then you're going to shoot for the stars with Synchrony. 

 

It's like robbing robinng a bank, and then setting the alarm off on purpose yourself, because who would think that a robber would set the alarm off, right?

Everything must be okay, just the bank tripping, no one is going to take a closer look. 

 

There is so much disconnect here 

 

🤷‍♀️

 

 

Undead Danny Trejo looks strangely like dead Danny Trejo, who looks exactly like alive Danny Trejo. Thanks, Netflix!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.