Did you mean: 

Who does Amex HP when applying?

tag
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who does Amex HP when applying?

@simplynoir wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

I live in Utah. Do you know which one Amex pulls in utah?

Experian is what AMEX uses primairly for making credit decisions for all future/currrent customers. FWIW once in a blue moon they may also pull one of the other two bureaus but we don't receive many reports of that happening

Who does discover usually pull? I won't ask about cap one since they like to triple pull

Message 11 of 21
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@rgd51 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

Experian is what AMEX uses primairly for making credit decisions for all future/currrent customers. FWIW once in a blue moon they may also pull one of the other two bureaus but we don't receive many reports of that happening

Who does discover usually pull? I won't ask about cap one since they like to triple pull

Believe they use Equifax primairly with some Experian and Transunion sprinkled in. They don't have a "set" bureau like AMEX does with EX

Message 12 of 21
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

Believe they use Equifax primairly with some Experian and Transunion sprinkled in. They don't have a "set" bureau like AMEX does with EX

Seems like EX is the most popular one that lenders like to use. I also read that the cash magnet got rid of the $25 redemption minimum.

Message 13 of 21
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@rgd51 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

Seems like EX is the most popular one that lenders like to use. I also read that the cash magnet got rid of the $25 redemption minimum.

Correct, all AMEX cash back cards (BCE, BCP, Magnet) got rid of the minimum redemption thresholds

Message 14 of 21
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Discover always pulls EXP for me .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 15 of 21
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

@rgd51 

If you search "Amex" in approvals, you will find that nearly all recent new Amex card apps resulted in a double EX and TU hard pull.  It was the case for myself also, when I applied/was approved for BCP 10/22/22.   As mentioned previously though, when you apply through the new "Know If You're Approved..." Amex pages, you will not receive a HP unless you are approved and accept.  Denial = no HP

Scores as of April 4, 2024:

Message 16 of 21
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

@rgd51 

@rgd51 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@rgd51 wrote:

Discover apps seem to generate EX HP's mostly, as you'll see in the (updated) chart in the link below, as well as a search through approvals forum.  You mmk ight want to bookmark this link for future reference.  OP has been updating.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Which-Report-Will-They-Pull-Part-2/td-p/63797...

Scores as of April 4, 2024:

Message 17 of 21
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

I applied for the cash magnet and got approved with their lowest APR of 17.74%. They did a double pull. It was TU and EX that they pulled for me. It seems they didn't pull EQ. I got a $14,800 SL. I'm glad I applied for it rather than the quicksilver since cap one likely would have given me a low CL as they had in the past.

Message 18 of 21
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the AMEX family.  Good news will be in the future, if you decide to get other cards through AMEX, it is typically a soft pull so you will have room to grow.  Also CLI are usually soft pulls as well.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 19 of 21
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@rgd51 wrote:

I'm thinking of applying for the cash magnet. Who does Amex HP when you apply for one of their cards?

My first card was a double pull: EX and TU.  After that all SP for all my cards 

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.