cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

tag
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

Will I get approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

Hello Everyone,

I've been debating for the past couple of days whether it's worth taking the HP and applying for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. Perhaps someone here could guide me in the right direction.
FICO Score: 768

EQ: 758

TU: 775

EX: 764

My current accounts:
BofA Power Rewards (AU): $13,500 CL

BofA Travel Rewards: $3500 CL

BofA Cash Rewards: $1200 CL

Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature: $500 CL

No late payments, derogatory marks, etc. Perfectly clean record.

I don't honestly think it's even worth applying at the moment, but maybe I'm wrong. 

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I get approved for Chase Sapphire Preferred?

Looks like you have a pretty solid shot based on the information provided. Only 4 cards so you won't violate 5/24. Scores are good. Not sure what your current UTE is but can't be too bad with high scores. Unless your history just isn't very long, I would be shocked if you were denied.
Message 2 of 14
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Looks like you have a pretty solid shot based on the information provided. Only 4 cards so you won't violate 5/24. Scores are good. Not sure what your current UTE is but can't be too bad with high scores. Unless your history just isn't very long, I would be shocked if you were denied.

Shoot I knew I forgot to include something.

My utilization is very low (maybe 2%-5%) but my history isn't very long at all. I've been an AU on that Power Rewards card for 4 years now, but all the other cards are less than several months old. With the 11 year age I inherited from the AU account, and everything else averaged in, my total average length of history is only about 3 years.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you check their prequal site to see if you get anything back?
Message 4 of 14
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Did you check their prequal site to see if you get anything back?

No the site isn't working for some reason, I've been trying to get on it for a couple weeks now, just keep getting the same "technical difficulties" message.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, try the card match tool. I have about the same score, and was recently approved for this card 13.9k Limit. I opened 4 cards within two years, but I have longer credit history with Chase and other banks. Make sure you do not lose out on the sign up bonus.

Message 6 of 14
DangerNoodle
New Contributor

Well, I said screw it and I applied.

I got the 30 day message, which I believe is a good thing?

Hoping I get approved!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say the biggest drawback to your profile is that outside of that AU account (which Chase will likely dismiss) you don't have any high limit cards relative to what the CSP would bring you since the lowest SL it gives is $5000.

One other question, you mention in the original post "FICO Score" with one number, then list 3 other number following it with bureau scores.  What FICO score are you listing and what is the scoring model of the 3 other scores you list below it? 

Message 8 of 14
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Call CSR and answer verification questions. They will approve you on the spot and not wait for approval.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DangerNoodlewrote:

Well, I said screw it and I applied.

I got the 30 day message, which I believe is a good thing?

Hoping I get approved!

I would call the recon line and talk to an analyst

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.