cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get approved for Target Red Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will I get approved for Target Red Card?

EQ 574 TU 578 EX 618

I currently have 0 Inquiries in the past year. 11 accounts total, 9 open, 2.5 Average Age of Credit. 1 collection on EQ & TU. Experian has nothing negative. I have never missed a payment on any credit cards, and just one 30 day late on my Ford Credit Auto loan a long time ago. I do however have most my credit cards maxed out. Total limit: $17,200 I really want the Target Red Credit Card so what’s the chances of approval for me? Other cards you’d recommend?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will I get approved for Target Red Card?

I would work on decreasing utilization (at least to 30%) first before applying. That will also increase your scores and give you a better chance at the card. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 on bringing your UTI down. I never really reported a balance on any of my cards and I believe that has helped me in recent weeks with approvals. I would bring the total UTI down to below 10% before apply for anymore credit. I'm New/Rebuilding my credit so i cant contribute to much like others on here but thats my .02 like Milo said.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was barely approved with a 650 fico. The SL was low and have not gotten a Cli. My Dw was denied with scores like you have. Good luck.
Message 4 of 13
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
EQ 574 TU 578 EX 618

I currently have 0 Inquiries in the past year. 11 accounts total, 9 open, 2.5 Average Age of Credit. 1 collection on EQ & TU. Experian has nothing negative. I have never missed a payment on any credit cards, and just one 30 day late on my Ford Credit Auto loan a long time ago. I do however have most my credit cards maxed out. Total limit: $17,200 I really want the Target Red Credit Card so what’s the chances of approval for me? Other cards you’d recommend?

I got a $500 red card credit card limit with a 668 (I think) Equifax score (I have 2-90 day lates that are 2+ years old, 37% util, 9 inquires, AOA 1.5 years). If you're just after the 5% off everyday, I suggest trying for the debit card version. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if applying/opening a Red Debit would cause a hard pull? I couldn’t imagine it would since it’s not a credit card but doubling checking. Thanks!
Message 6 of 13
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you know if applying/opening a Red Debit would cause a hard pull? I couldn’t imagine it would since it’s not a credit card but doubling checking. Thanks!

I don't know, I'm sorry! The DH has the debit card version (he didn't want another credit card at the time) so I have no idea if it was a HP. I suggest calling Target and asking them directly. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 13
geekmama
Contributor

I used to have the debit card. They don’t check your credit for that.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would pay the utilization down first. The store card could maybe wait a bit? 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 On no HP for the debit card. I just signed up for it. No credit check.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.