cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Kohl’s Store Credit Card Approve me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Kohl’s Store Credit Card Approve me?

EQ 574 TU 578 EX 618

I currently have 0 Inquiries in the past year. 11 accounts total, 9 open, 2.5 Average Age of Accounts. 1 collection on EQ & TU. Experian has nothing negative. I have never missed a payment on any credit cards, and just one 30 day late on my Ford Credit Auto loan a long time ago. I do though have high UTI. Total credit limit: $17,200 plus 10k remaining on auto loan. I really want the Kohl’s Store Credit Card... so what’s the chances of approval for me? Are there other cards you’d recommend I have a better chance with?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will Kohl’s Store Credit Card Approve me?

I would guess denied.

If your utilization is sky high you may be leaving over 100 FICO points on the table.  Depends on how bad utilization is aggregate and individually.  Fix that before seeking new credit or you'll get a toy limit or denied.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
EQ 574 TU 578 EX 618

I currently have 0 Inquiries in the past year. 11 accounts total, 9 open, 2.5 Average Age of Accounts. 1 collection on EQ & TU. Experian has nothing negative. I have never missed a payment on any credit cards, and just one 30 day late on my Ford Credit Auto loan a long time ago. I do though have high UTI. Total credit limit: $17,200 plus 10k remaining on auto loan. I really want the Kohl’s Store Credit Card... so what’s the chances of approval for me? Are there other cards you’d recommend I have a better chance with?

IMHO, decline.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohl's has a prequalification link on their website that you can check with no effect on your score. Give it a try and that should give you some idea of your chance of an approval. Let us know the outcome.

Message 4 of 13
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
EQ 574 TU 578 EX 618

The DH has scores 760-780s, utilization unknown and a couple of inquires in the last year and got a $1000 limit. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask yourself do I really want my AAOA to go down for a store card? is the HP really worth it? can you afford to use the card given you high utilization not judging just trying to be helpful as I really feel you can improve just give the above and other comments here some thought best of luck. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true. Thank you everyone! I just really love credit cards. I can definitely afford an additional card, I have never missed a payment in my entire 6 years of using credit. However the AAOA going down isn’t worth it for a store card. My goal is to lower my utilization to 10-30% which will bump me up to the 730s according to my simulators. The biggest factor in my score seams to be my utilization and adding to that isn’t the wisest choice at the moment. Thank you everyone Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Very true. Thank you everyone! I just really love credit cards. I can definitely afford an additional card, I have never missed a payment in my entire 6 years of using credit. However the AAOA going down isn’t worth it for a store card. My goal is to lower my utilization to 10-30% which will bump me up to the 730s according to my simulators. The biggest factor in my score seams to be my utilization and adding to that isn’t the wisest choice at the moment. Thank you everyone Smiley Happy

Exactly! You've got the idea. Smiley Happy Congrats! btw on the payment history.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would stay away from store cards completely. They can bucket you into low limit cards for a long time. Not worth it.

Message 9 of 13
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

Kohl's has a pre-qualification link on the homepage of the store site. You can try that.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.