Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one walmart mastercard application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one walmart mastercard application

I have the walmart store card that was from synchrony bank for almost two years,

Today I try to apply for the new one form capital one , to see if they upgrade my store card tor the mastercard .

and I got the following message: "Capital One will notify you of your application status within 7-15 working days"

Is that good or bad?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one walmart mastercard application

Doesn't sound good.

Message 2 of 10
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

Previous threads said:

7-10

8-15 and now

7-15

Capital One needs to get it together.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the walmart store card that was from synchrony bank for almost two years,

Today I try to apply for the new one form capital one , to see if they upgrade my store card tor the mastercard .

and I got the following message: "Capital One will notify you of your application status within 7-15 working days"

Is that good or bad? With Capital One you can never tell. Kepp your fingers crossed.

What are you DP? Capital one requires excellent credit when apping for this card.

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@PutThatMoneyOnTheTable wrote:

Previous threads said:

7-10

8-15 and now

7-15

Capital One needs to get it together.

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that good or bad? With Capital One you can never tell. Kepp your fingers crossed.

What are you DP? Capital one requires excellent credit when apping for this card.

I'm fairly certain there's a standard "splash page" response from Capital One, but maybe it wasn't captured accordingly?  It's possible, as more DPs are obtained, there'll be a more consistent response pattern.

@Anonymous, not sure whether Capital One would upgrade your existing store card to the MC version via this application.   Potentially, as mentioned on another thread, they'll consider it for the MC as a new application, but if you don't qualify then it may turn into a decline if you already have an existing [store] account. 

Message 4 of 10
Matt9543
Established Contributor

If I remember correctly, when messing around with the Walmart app I saw something about Synchrony accounts possibly being moved over to Capital One automatically starting october 11.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you already have an account you likely wasted a HP, you should have gotten a letter in the mail informing you that your account would just simply transfer right over and that current card holders did NOT need to reapply. I know I’ve received at least 3 letters during this process, if you have not maybe check to make sure your address is correct?

As for upgrading the card, I would wait until the transfer is complete and then call in and inquire about an upgrade without another HP as they should have one on file from the pull they just done. The transfer should be completed by October 14th, least it tells me my account information will be available via my Cap1 account along with my other accounts with them.
Message 6 of 10
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Dang... an unnecessary Triple Whipple 🤦🏻‍♂️

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HighAchiever wrote:

Dang... an unnecessary Triple Whipple 🤦🏻‍♂️

Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL  I can laugh cuz I've made the mistake of apping too soon after an approval myself with Cap1. Wasn't funny when it happened tho Smiley LOL

6 HPs and all I get is this 1 piece of plastic?????  Smiley Surprised

Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ummmm... I'd like to order a "Double Triple Whipple" please.... hold the onions... Thanks.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
zerofire
Valued Contributor

While I can safely say that I believe you might have wasted a perfectly good set of HP's the reality is that Capital One is just getting started on issuing cards with the transfer not being complete. It is possible that you are in a better position for the MasterCard variant without us knowing compared to the past. In reality though Capital One will be much more harsh on issuing MasterCard's and you can plan on stingy limits. Likewise low level store card approvals will most likely be increased.

The 7-15 day message is pretty standard assuming that you did not have a profile good/bad enough for automatic approval/denial. My biggest concern will be how Capital One will handle you having multiple cards of the same kind once transfers become finalised starting on October 14th. If I were you I would have waited until the transfer was over and then asked for an upgrade to the MasterCard. Would have been way easier.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC(Pending PC), Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense WMC, Curve WEMC(Suspended), Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, GBank VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Santander Ultimate Cash Back WMC, Synchrony PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], Upgrade Cash Rewards Elite VSC, US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, PCMCU Platinum Rewards, Redstone FCU Signature, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.