Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what credit score do you need for home depot credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what credit score do you need for home depot credit card

I am a very big shopper at home depot. I have like 6 inquiries on my reports and no delinquent in 3+ Years. 1 Old collection and 1 Old derogatory and a recently closed best buy credit card $3300 cl PAID IN FULL which was MAXED out but Never late. My FICO TU 660 EX 654 EQ 646.   4 New accounts (3 months of good standing) 7 percent debt ratio what are my chances do I qualify does my score meet the criteria?

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Re: what credit score do you need for home depot credit card

Try out their pre-qualify site and see if it says you are pre-qualified.  That doesn't make it a lock but I hear it is a good indicator. In my opinion your on the bubble based on what I have seen.  Good luck!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I went on the home depot site and filled out the pre approved indicator and I was not listed 

Message 3 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are on the bubble as well, I knew someone who got the card with EQ 660, I think you should go for it even though your arent on their radar. Risk/Reward is too good if you use it alot and will benefit. Even if you get denied you can always try recon. Keep us posted, exited to hear what comes of this.

Message 4 of 39
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Bummer, again you could still be approved with not have the pre-qualify, however it may serve you well to give your 4 new accounts a few more months to age, but hey, it's just a HP and if you get that much out of it, can't fault you for giving it a shot.  Good luck! 

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I appreciate the reply. I will give just one more month. I have a pre-approval Citi Bank Double cash back with 0% Apr for 6 months than 24.1% APR after. It said apply by 4/1/15 so given that citi bank issues the home depot card I might catch my odds on that day. I will first apply for Home Depot post my results here on the forum. If I am denied I will recon and post those results here. also if I wait till 4/1/15 my scores can increase after my payment cycles

Message 6 of 39
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you I appreciate the reply. I will give just one more month. I have a pre-approval Citi Bank Double cash back with 0% Apr for 6 months than 24.1% APR after. It said apply by 4/1/15 so given that citi bank issues the home depot card I might catch my odds on that day. I will first apply for Home Depot post my results here on the forum. If I am denied I will recon and post those results here. also if I wait till 4/1/15 my scores can increase after my payment cycles

Sounds like a plan, keep us posted! 

Message 7 of 39
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Need  at least a 640 score....  

Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ways2go wrote:

Need  at least a 640 score....  

Apparently they don't like certain baddies. I am more than 640 across the board and the pre-qual always returns with no offer for me. 

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I heard that Citi Bank is Very Picky. Maybe my 646 EQ is still too low I might give it a extra month
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.