Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 6th Revolver Approval -

tag
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

AMEX 6th Revolver Approval -

I currently "had" 5 total revolver and I was very thankful of the 5. But about 2 weeks ago I got a mailer from Hilton for 175,000 Sign Up Bonus. I have not seen one like this before, but I assumed it was from Hilton marketing and just left it on my desk for a bit.  Then last friday while I was cleaning my desk I came across it again and I said to myself, why not ? just a soft pull anyway !. I did not expect anything, since the rumor has been that they have cut it down to 4. To my surprise....bwam approved for my 6th Revolver !!!

The letter looks like this - so If you see one ! Give it a shot !

hilton letter.jpg

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX 6th Revolver Approval -

Congrats i assume you are puttting alot of spend through your amex cards to get a 6th card with them.  Any other DPs you want to share with the community such as scores,  etc?

Message 2 of 18
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 3 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOOM! Congrats on a great AMEX win! Wow... 6 revolvers with them?  I thought there was a limit (less than 6) for the total number of Amex-issued cards they'd let you hold....

Message 5 of 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex Hilton Honors Surpass approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, few get that many out of Amex, a big grats to ya!

Message 7 of 18
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Awesome approval 🤑👍👍

Message 8 of 18
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BOOM! Congrats on a great AMEX win! Wow... 6 revolvers with them?  I thought there was a limit (less than 6) for the total number of Amex-issued cards they'd let you hold....

@Anonymous  Very true of the limit, I was told 5 by the AMEX rep myself, not too long ago I applied for the Delta Reserve Business, it went into pending and I got a call the next day and they told me I reached the limit of 5 and I can give up one, which I did, i gave up my personal Delta Platinum for the Business, fast forward, now I am reading it is 4......and...bwam I get 6. But, I am not the only one there are a few in the community that hold 6.

I guess spending $15,000 just on my Delta card YTD and make payments 2X a month and also running about $3000 and PIF on my other charge cards during these times help the situation ?

Message 9 of 18
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.