Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BCP Approval

I just applied and received an instant approval for the BCP. Small limit: $2.6k @20.24. Not the best but, I have been very busy the past two months.  I have been eyeballing this card for months and decided wth.  

I have a BCE at $19k @ 17.24 and was wondering if Amex will allow limit changes between accounts, as I will use the BCP more, especially the 6% grocery.  I received a $250 for $1000 spend in 3 months and $200 more for cell phone stuff which I currently have on my BCE.  Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX BCP Approval

You do realize you could have requested a product change to the BCP without having to initiate a new app and HP. This would have been much better option as you would have also avoided an impact to your AAOA.

To answer your question, yes you can. I am not sure if Amex requires a HP for this, but I am sure someone else can confirm.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I was told once by an Amex rep that you can PC, but once the account is a year old. Not sure about that but congrats OP on your AMEX approval!
Message 3 of 17
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Yes, it does in fact have to be after 1 year with the original card.
Message 4 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@babson wrote:
You do realize you could have requested a product change to the BCP without having to initiate a new app and HP. This would have been much better option as you would have also avoided an impact to your AAOA.

To answer your question, yes you can. I am not sure if Amex requires a HP for this, but I am sure someone else can confirm.

The OP might have preferred to get the new account bonus regardless of the AAoA impact. 

In my own case I closed a Green card back in April just to app for a PRG a month later for that very reason... the new account bonus was worth more than the AAoA 'ding', at least to me. 

In any case, congrats to the OP on the new approval!  It's a great card... you're going to love it!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 17
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your BCP!

Message 6 of 17
elim
Senior Contributor

@babson wrote:

The bonus is half the fun.   Congrats OP.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait until after 61 days to try and get a CLI before allocating the credit line from BCE. Try squeezing a little more out of Amex.

Congrats on the BCP.

Message 8 of 17
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Wel done congratulations .you just need to call then and ask to move some from A to B is a simple as that .
Could you share any data points like you credit scrore any baddly and HP my wife got me crazy about the 6% but i dont want to waste a HP
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Amex approval 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.