Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles Approval

tag
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles Approval

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats from a fellow recent fence-hopper to grab another Delta card.  LOL  Even if you fly with a companion just once a year (or twice solo), the AF is covered by the free bags so it's certainly worth having.  And with the recent fare sales, your welcome offer spend and SUB may be just enough SkyMiles for a round-trip to Europe.  Smiley Wink

Now get back to the Garden Club before you inherit the recycling bin!

@Anonymous @K-in-Boston! I definitely looked at the companion pass and figured it would be worth it. Plus, the few times I book flights through Delta, the 7x sounds real nice. Quick and easy way to build up points. Now I'm back to the garden and staying away from any more cards. The only ones I might look at down the road would be Gas cards as I spend upwards of $200 a month easily on gas alone.

P.S. - Recycling is fun! Smiley Wink

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @xaximus!
I sure am going to miss getting delta subs 😂
Not to be a bad influence, but if you and dw travel together, you may want to think about the delta plat in the future.
Message 12 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Thanks @JAG73. We actually thought about the Platinum and possibly the Reserve but decided against it since my travel is usually between Southwest/Jetblue/Delta/American Airlines/United. There are some locations where one is cheaper then the other so we do keep an eye on that. For example, this weekend I'll be out in Boston, a week from now I'll be in Houston, then onto Las Vegas, then back to NY. Then a week or 2 after that, I'll be in Chicago. Some locations are cheaper based on where an airline is based and other times, we find good deals just searching online. Because of this, we decided on the Gold but it's definitely something we will keep in mind. 

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 13 of 14
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.