Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card CLI HP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store Card CLI HP

Hey all! Is it normal for Amazon to do a HP when requesting a cli via chat? Usually when I request it via chat they do a SP but this time they said it needed further review and to call in. This was 3 days ago and I got too busy to call. Anyways, yesterday I got a notification from myFico saying that I have a new credit inquiry from Amazon. I logged in to my Amazon account and realized that they increased my limit from $6,000 to $15,000 (the full requested amount). It's bitter sweet because I didn't expect to have an inquiry. I've never had a HP in the 5 years I've had this account.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card CLI HP

This has been happening a lot lately. Especially if they say it needs further review. Since you were asking for more credit, you fell into another tier. They had to pull a fresh report. Chevron/Texaco did this to me a few months ago. Except mine was declined.
Message 2 of 19
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Ive had Synchrony HP me a couple of times but not with Amazon.  What is so atypical for them is that they pulled Exp.

Grats on CLI

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is so strange but at least I know that a HP is very well possible. I just wish I knew before they did it.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome increase! Sorry about the hard pull. Synchrony seems to be doing that a lot lately, but yours had an excellent result!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's odd. I request CLI increases on my Sync accounts frequently via chat or credit solutions. When I request a CLI on my Walmart MC I'm always told to call in because the request needs to be reviewed, but I have yet to get a HP on any of my Sync accounts.

Message 6 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just happened to me with Amazon via chat. Good thing is you have something to show for the HP Smiley Happy I didnt get approved so that was a hard lesson learnedSmiley Happy would have prefered that HP for one of my Citi accounts or BOA. Ahh well, the price we pay for seekjng credit Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You kind of did know before they did when they said they have to have it reviewed. That's saying a HP is coming
Message 8 of 19
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all! Is it normal for Amazon to do a HP when requesting a cli via chat? Usually when I request it via chat they do a SP but this time they said it needed further review and to call in. This was 3 days ago and I got too busy to call. Anyways, yesterday I got a notification from myFico saying that I have a new credit inquiry from Amazon. I logged in to my Amazon account and realized that they increased my limit from $6,000 to $15,000 (the full requested amount). It's bitter sweet because I didn't expect to have an inquiry. I've never had a HP in the 5 years I've had this account.

9k for a HP? Well doesnt seem to bad I guess. I'm sitting at 6K myself and was thinking about the chat for CLI, but don't really want a another HP.

But then what's 1 more at this pointSmiley Happy

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 9 of 19
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's odd. I request CLI increases on my Sync accounts frequently via chat or credit solutions. When I request a CLI on my Walmart MC I'm always told to call in because the request needs to be reviewed, but I have yet to get a HP on any of my Sync accounts.

I did the chat as well as calling in and I too never had a HP on me.....

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.