Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Approval! Finally!

tag
su11ivan18
Valued Member

Amex Platinum Approval! Finally!

Amex Platinum approval - wahoo! Going back to 2017 my middle Fico score was 608 and was hanging on to my sub prime cards that we all know and love with 750 max limits (at best). Since then I've purchased a house (last year; pre-approved with only my information) and clawed my way back to the numbers below. I got my "foot in the Amex door" 4 years ago with HH and the EDC (only $1k limits) and have waited patiently to apply for the card I really never thought I'd be able get. What a great Friday!

current 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Salanth

Re: Amex Platinum Approval! Finally!

Congrats I was in the same boat as you last week and double dipped the gold card!

Message 2 of 21
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 3 of 21
su11ivan18
Valued Member

@Salanth wrote:

Congrats I was in the same boat as you last week and double dipped the gold card!

Awesome - the struggle is real Smiley Happy 

current 

Message 4 of 21
su11ivan18
Valued Member

@coreyb80 wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

Thank you!

current 

Message 5 of 21
Laredo
Contributor

Congratulations on the approval.  I was approved for the platinum card yesterday but since I don't travel much I called and they switched it to gold per my request.  With 7 kids going out to each and groceries is what I needed rewards for.  I still may get the platinum later.  Congrats again on your approval.

(Ch13 Discharged 07/22) Current Cards: American Express Gold: NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Everyday: $15,000 | American Express Delta SkyMiles Platinum: $1,700 | Navy Federal Credit Union Cash Rewards: $10,000 | Dover Federal Credit Union Cash Back: $10,000 | Penfed Cash Rewards: $7,500 | Truist Enjoy Cash: $5,500 | Truist Enjoy Travel: $5,500 | Truist Future: $3,500 | Bread American Express Cash Back $8,500 | Discover it $12,000 | USAA Rewards Amex $12,000 | Kohl’s $800 | Care Credit $7,000 | Lowes $3,000 | Amazon Store Card $1,500 | Jared $5,000
Total Revolving Credit: $108,500
Closed Rebuild Cards: Ollo Platinum: $3,900 | Ollo Rewards: $3,000 | Mercury $3,000 | Surge Card $1,000
Message 6 of 21
su11ivan18
Valued Member

@Laredo wrote:

Congratulations on the approval.  I was approved for the platinum card yesterday but since I don't travel much I called and they switched it to gold per my request.  With 7 kids going out to each and groceries is what I needed rewards for.  I still may get the platinum later.  Congrats again on your approval.

Thanks and to you as well! Wow, 7 kids...well played on the switch Smiley Wink 

current 

Message 7 of 21
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WOOHOO! Congratulations on your AMEX Approval!!

Message 8 of 21
su11ivan18
Valued Member

@cashorcharge wrote:

WOOHOO! Congratulations on your AMEX Approval!!

Thank you!!!

current 

Message 9 of 21
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your AMEX Platinum approval

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.