Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ceiling hit: $59.9k w/o IV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex ceiling hit: $59.9k w/o IV

Every 6 months I've started a thread posting about another $5k CLI for several years now.   My Amex BCE growth has been as follows:

$10k --> $30k --> $35k --> $40k --> $45k --> $50k --> $55k --> $59.9k

It appears today that I have reached my ceiling with Amex without providing IV.  I'm guessing that in 6 months I will not be able to receive anything without providing the IV requested.  Note that today I requested $60k and was countered with $59,900.  Hopefully this information is useful to others.  This is with $94,000 income declared, having the account for 38 months and a minimal (few hundred bucks a month) spend.  My guess is that income is the constraint here.  It's also worth noting that this is my only Amex card, so the individual card exposure is equal to my overall Amex exposure.  If anyone has any other questions, please let me know.

amex599.jpg 

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex ceiling hit: $59.9k w/o IV

Well done there congrats

Message 2 of 34
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success.

I always like your post with data points. It's a wealth of knowledge to the community.
Message 3 of 34
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, and yes income also DTI can play a big factor. my $0.02 worth

Message 4 of 34
XSUP3R_SNAKEX

Your income is similar to mine and my Amex BCE is at 22,000.  What do you think i should request for Cli? Should i just shoot for 50k?

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@XSUP3R_SNAKEX wrote:

Your income is similar to mine and my Amex BCE is at 22,000.  What do you think i should request for Cli? Should i just shoot for 50k?

My guess is that they won't let you go past $35k without IV, but there's certainly no harm in trying $50k.  If you see IV language simply back out and start over, going with a lesser number and continue the process until you get an instant approval.  You could try something like $50k, $45k, $40k, $35k, $34.9k, etc.  I'd be curious to hear your result.

Message 6 of 34
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

That’s a huge limit for a BCE card. Congrats. I must ask though given that the BCE is for groceries and gas for the most part would it not make more sense to have some of that limit on a card that will give you a much better return like say the BBP or something? Either way I am jealous I don’t think I will get that kind of limit I have around 30k with Amex it’s enough for me. More then enough actually.
Message 7 of 34
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Congrats on that great limit BBS!!! You certainly embody the phrase "Slow and steady win the race"

Great job working the system Sir :-)

Message 8 of 34
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Great CL!

I was hoping you’d ease it up to $100k.
Message 9 of 34
xiocc
Regular Contributor

Very nice!!!! Congrats on not being hit with IV. 

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.